Thread: Runes

paradise lost Guest

Default Runes

Hi,

I have unwittingly (my dad brought them) inherited my late grandmothers runes. Does anyone out there use them?

I've done a few casts with pretty good success but need help with interpretation and such and would just like to hear about others experiences if you have any. I did use tarot a few times when i was younger but i felt scared by them as i was too immature to be shown things and interpret them accurately i think. Now i'm older and wiser and since i didn't even know my gran HAD runes i am assuming my dad brought them because this is a better time for me.

Any help?

Bx

I'm no help sorry! But it sounds like something out of the movies, inhertiting your grandmothers runes!! Good luck with it. Hope someone can help you out.

Bec,

My cousin works with them on a daily basis and is a wealth of info

I'll send her a text and find out what email she's using atm ... she's hopeless, forever changing addresses, but she won't have a problem answering any questions you may have and helping you out!

Will let you know how I go!

Have considered making my own set of runes. I was under the impression that a set you made yourself was better and that you have different set for different things (serious or light) Just wonder what the "rules" are with an inherited set, is it like tarot where the cards are best being a gift than bought? I do have one set of runes that were hand made especially for me by a wonderful lady, but I do not use them for full on divination. They are my happy/fun runes, tend to just grab one, see what it means and how it relates to my situation at that point in time.

Am very interested in any info you find out.

I have a set of rune cards which are easier to carry around - I have a bag of runes also, but find the cards not so conspicuous - getting on a plane with a bag of runes is always interesting especially when I won't let anybody touch my set.

They're usually pretty good for doing readings, I try to pull one each day, same as I try to pull a tarot card each day.

paradise lost Guest

I've "made them my own" now, partly through use and partly through alteration (there was a Perth missing and two Horses in my set so i binned a horse (the one which didn't feel warm in my hand) and drew a Perth onto the blank stone (which i read up on and decided i didn't want since it was invented by Ralph Blum and there is already an Odin's stone, just a personal tweak to something i prefer).

I would probably like to make my own from pebbles but it would take a trip especially to a pebble beach to find enough and i don't have time right now.

I guess i would never use a seperate set for "serious" things as i'm a big believer in the unified Self (i.e. that it's the same me that the higher forces feel, and those around me encounter, whether i am laughing or praying).

So far i have had good success doing readings for people, and even greater doing them with people (like when they are there to draw themselves). My next thing will be to make my own bag as the one my gran used is a little small for proper swirling, and find a sky to lay them on as at the moment i just use whatever is to hand or something relevant to the person i'm reading for.

Thanks for all the posts, it's good to know i have company. As far as the "help" i was looking for goes i guess whatever wisdom i need i already had, i just needed to realise it.

Bx