Thread: copper IUDs

sparklesoul Guest

Default copper IUDs

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with copper IUDs. I can't take HBC because of migraines, so my doc recommended I get an IUD, but I don't want to take Mirena because I would like to avoid unnatural hormones in my body. I don't know anyone who has had a copper IUD, but I am considering it since it doesn't contain hormones. Has anyone had a good or bad experience with it?

Hi there

I recently went through the whole saga of what to use as i want more children but just not at the moment.

I ended out going with the Mirena and was so scared about 'feeling' different as i had been off any contraceptive for a few weeks and noticed that there was a good change when i was off everything. I must say that since having the mirena i still feel pretty normal, dont feel different at all which i love.

Im sorry i dont know anything about the copper ones, i would definately research it though to find out more info about it and speak to your gp they should be able to give you alot of advice.

Goodluck with your decision

hi there, i had a copper iud between my first and second pregnancies and i loved it, i couldnt get pregnant and i still had i sex drive which i dont have on the pill, cramping can be a little pain ful and your period will be heavier than if you where on the pill but you will cycle naturaly and when you decide to have another baby you wont have to wait for the crap in it to ware off. when i had mine taken out it was end of september and i fell pregnant with ds2 in october.
    I really recomend that if you are considering an iud that you hve a copper one.