Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirena IUD?

crockerclan Guest

Default Considering Mirena IUD

Hi,

Just wondering what the mirena IUD is like! My obs told me something about it before I decided to fall pregnant again. I can not take the pill because I have problems with irritable bowel and I can not take the risk just yet of falling pregnant again. I would like to trial it and I want to know if it is safe.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(3 weeks old)

Hi Michele,

You might like to have a look at Brookey's posts in THIS thread. She has a mirena IUD.

HTH.

cazoraz Guest

Default Mirena IUD?

Anyone have/had the Mirena IUD? Good/bad experience?

Am trying to figure out contraception and this seems to be the easiest - I'm still breastfeeding and dont plan to stop anytime soon, but dont want any more kids for at least 3more years!

xxxCaz

cazoraz Guest

mmm I'm wondering if this is in the right forum? This was teh closest I could find, is there one about contraception maybe? :-k

Hey Caz,

There's a post about the mirena IUD HERE

HTH.

cazoraz Guest

Thanks

crockerclan Guest

Hi Brooke,

I plan to ask questions with my obs/gyno when I go for my six week check up on the 21st of December. I really want to get it inserted because I know it is reversible if I decide to have another child down the track. I also like the fact that I don't have to worry about taking the pill everyday and knowing if I have problems with my stomach that I know that I won't have to worry about pregnancy.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(5 weeks)

Sweetie Guest

Default I have....

I had Marina put in when my bub was about 6 weeks old, she is now 23 months old.

I haven't had any trouble with the IUD, I had a bit of cramping when it was put in. I've had it checked once. I didn't have any periods while breastfeeding. Now my period is regular (every 28 days) It's not as heavy as it used to be and only last a few days.

You can keep it in for up to five years, getting it checked once a year. It's better then taking a pill each day. With no side effects. Once you get it taken out your fertility returns straight away.

It's a good idea

Mary

Sweetie Guest

I've had 3 c sections, all elective. I didn't ever have any contractions and I had one put in, it was a bit uncomfortable I guess and I had some cramping afterwards, but I think everyone gets that

I don't really think it makes any difference.

Mary 8-)

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Brooke, went to obs/gyno today and got script for mirena IUD. I have to wait to get it inserted until I have my period. I am not sure when that will be hopefully it won't be long until my period arrives back. As soon as period arrives I have to ring and my obs. will fit me in to fit it. Do you know how long it takes? He told me he will be giving me a local to numb the area because he said it will be uncomfortable. Also did you have to go back for a check up.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(7 weeks)

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Had mirena IUD inserted on the 24 of January. It was just like having bad period cramps. It didn't take that long at all.

It has now been 10 days since I have had it and most days I have had some sought of spotting. I had a break of two days between my period and the start of the spotting/bleeding, it was like having a another period just after having a period but now it is settling down into just spotting.
    Some days I am also cramping and getting bad back pain.

Wondering about the strings though. I have to go back in March for a checkup but my gyno said he check the strings when I go and see him. If you don't get your periods how will know when to check the strings each month.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(3 months old)

*bump*

how long do you need to wait after having bubs before getting one? can you B/F with one in (its got hormones in it doesn't it?)?

has anyone else used this? how has it been?

I'd love to hear any advice about it because DH and I aren't very keen on the idea of any more children after this baby arrives.

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

dacholstar, I read somewhere that you can have an mirena IUD when breastfeeding as the progesterone is only localised in the uterus and does not affect the rest of your body.

Does any one know, If having an IUD in will be affected if I was to undergo surgery? Do I have to tell the surgeon I have an IUD? I have to have an operation of my sinuses and I don't know if the anaesetic will affect the IUD?

Michele

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

What was first period like after having the IUD implanted? I think I have mine but not sure TMI, it is like a yellowish brownish discharge and not the normal bright red colour. I am not sure whether this is a period or not.

Michele

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Brookey, My periods seem to be going on forever. After the last post, they came with a vengenance. I have bled heavily for almost 10 days and I have been having cramps and my stomach has been sore. The bleeding was bright red. Going for a check up on Tuesday, should I mention it to my gyno or is the norm for the first period.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(4 months old)

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Went for my check up with my gyno on Tuesday, He said everything seems to be fine and he said the bleeding could last for three months. Thankfully the cramps have gone at the moment.

He also told me not to worry about the strings because he will check them again when I see him in 6 months for my pap smear. I thought you had to check them every month.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(4 months)

All this info is great, thanks for posting it up.

I'm having the Mirena put in next month (about two months after a c/s) and my ob/gyn didn't mention needing a period b4hand. I will ask him a few more qns about it b4 he puts it in, I think. What's the string thing (sorry for my ignorance)?

Hi, I had my IUD put in in Dec (so 6months ago) and I am regretting it even now. I have had nothing but problems. Heavy cramping (so bad that osme days all I can manage is to lay on the couch watching my kids play and that's AFTER taking nurofen plus) and my uterus is tender. The cramping happens off and on so I have no way of predicting when it will happen and after a few days of cramping I will spot. (Last month my period finally reduced from mid range bleeding for two weeks to spotting for a few days.) it's been about 2wks since that "Period" and I have been cramping heavily for 4 days and started spotting last night. The left side of my uterus is tender and I am worried that I may have an ectopic or my uterus simply doens't like the IUD in there. I had problems with Depo (When I was 20) and had heavy bleeding at irregular times too.....bled non stop for 3 months and found out near the end of that bleeding that I had fallen pg whilest on it, but miscarried and missed it due to bleeding non stop. Strange. It also took 6 months after the 3 months ran it's course for me to get AF back so we can't use that either and I have fallen pg on pill too so that is out also. and I am sensitive to Condoms too so... Mirena was what I thought my last option untill we are ready for number 3. I have an appt on friday to get it all checked and probably removed as I can't handle the cramping, the moods and the constant tiredness. I'm not saying IUD's are bad, just that they don't agree with some people and I just happen to be one of those people who have constant problems with it...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast