Thread: Confused

Default Confused

I really don't know if I am in the right spot for this but ok here goes I haven't had a period since late august and I had done hpt and they had come up negative but I went to my docs last week and she insisted I get bloods done cause my period is usually like clockwork, i am meant to be getting the results back this afternoon anyway getting to the point, the last couple of days I have had a fair bit of discharge with blood through it just light like pink in colour also I have been getting cramping in my lower back, I know I am seeing the doc this afternoon but I was just wondering if this sounds similar to anyone cause if I am pregnant I am worried that I am misscarrying

Good luck with your doc app, fingers are crossed for you that all is ok.

Hi Brianna
    I don't have any answers for you, just wanted to wish you lots of luck for your appointment this afternoon.
    Please let us know how you go.
    xxx

Well according to my blood test I am not pg, I really don't know how to feel, I guess I am a bit relieved cause dd is only 8 months old but I also feel abit dissapointed I guess it is probably all for the best thanks for all the support guys

Hi Brianna,

I'm glad you now have the test results and know the reason behind not having your periods has nothing to do with being pregnant. Have you been stressed much lately ?? Reason i ask is because sometimes when we stress it holds your period off.

Are you breastfeeding DD? Even though you already got your period since you delivered, sometimes a woman can get her periods while breastfeeding, then if the baby starts nursing more frequently or for longer times (ie a growth spurt) the woman's period can come late because of it. Hormonal reasons.

Or it could just be a wierd late period.

But if you continue to have irregular periods, do see the doctor just in case you're having problems with your hormones. I don't want to scare you, but before I had any kids my periods became more and more irregular. Eventually I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. My story had a happy ending because I was able to have children after Clomid therapy. But just keep an eye out and let your doctor know if this happens again.

I actually got my period the day after seeing the doc can you believe it! I feel so silly, but I was really concerned at the time cause like I said I am usually like clockwork, oh well now I can stick to my plan of trying for number 2 at the end of next year

Glad to hear it worked out. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!