Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eggbert

Oops - I guess I have to change my gender allocation as Eggbert was NEVER an *it* in my eyes.

You gave birth to a beautiful baby girl

P.S. Your OB is a sweetheart. I wonder who taught that lesson????

I wondered too MIchelle - I expect there is a sad story and a learning curve behind it...
    I thought Eggy was a boy - until I knew *he* had died then I actually felt *he* was a *she*...

Deb,
    I have tears welling now too! Your new OB does sound lovely to have worded things so personally and know how imprtant finding out the sex really is after a loss
    We had chromosome analysis done for our second angel to discover she was a "genetically normal" little girl also. I remember crying a whole new set of tears after finding this out. It seemed to make the whole "loss" far more real and personal knowing that I was never going to know our little daughter. I think my DH may have thought it was a bad idea to discover the gender and stir up more emotions but I will be forever grateful that I know a little more about her despite never meeting or holding her.

It is great news for you that there are no genetic issues and I hope that, with all the accumulated information your angels have provided, a special little baby WILL enter your life next year, as planned.

Deb - I truely understand what you meant about "empowering". I also felt that I had to birth Luke as it was all there was left for me to do apart from love him in my heart.

Your OB sounds wonderful. I wish everyone was as fortunate to have someone like that.

As for your darling daughter. Well, you know how I feel (at least I hope you do) and so I will just give you a big hug (can you feel it) and know that I have cried for you and for her.

Take care,
    your friend Debbie

You and your family are in our thoughts.

Deb, your new OB has a beautiful way with words! What a lovely way for her to tell you that you had a daughter. I have come across many a doctor who could take a lesson from her...

I hope this will help you find a little closure. I'll be thinking of you and little Eggy and wishing you many brighter days ahead. Here's to a fabulous 2007 for you and your beautiful family...

Love Bec x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12