Thread: How long does the bleeding last?

Default How long does the bleeding last?

Hi All,

I posted in another section and only one person seems to have answered me and would really like your advise/support on this matter.

I am wondering how long is normal for bleeding after miscarriage. I bleed for 7 days non stop and then it stoped to almost nothing then on Monday just been I had dark brown stuff and then it stopped then next day back to red again and still going but not so much, just waiting for my OB to confirm if I need to go and have D&C.. Just woul dlike to ask for those who had natural miscarriage how long the bleeding went for?

Thanks for your advice.

Bel

Hi Bel,
    i am so sorry things are rough at the moment , when i had my MC it was early days so basically it was very similar to AF i bleed quite heavy for around 5 days then gradually it got lighter and lighter till it was gone so all up i bleed for about 9 days i hope that helps a little bit
    thinking of you

Hi Bel,

So sorry to hear of your recent loss.

I had a m/c last year but it wasn't a natural one. I had a D&C and the bleeding did go on for what seemed like an enternity but it didn't stop and start like yours has been. My bleeding was heavy the whole time and was a bright red.
    Hope things settle down for you soon. Take care Leah

mine too was very early so started like a REALLY heavy AF but then petered out pretty fast - by day six was just spotting..... have you been in contact with you DR?

Melinda Guest

The bleeding from my natural m/c went for a while from memory - I can't remember exactly how long, but I think it was up to around 10 days, but the first 5 - 6 days was when it was it's heaviest.

Mine went for about 14 days after the D&C. Apparently it depends how far along your pg was and whether or not it was a natural m/c. You bleed more after a natural one than after a D&C, and the longer the pg the longer you will bleed. My doc said more than 21 days (3 weeks) for me would have been abnormal. (I was 14.5 weeks but found out at 17 weeks).

and sorry for your loss.