Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I just knew I had lost the baby" - what gave you that feeling?

England (but moving back home to Oz next year!)

Default "I just knew I had lost the baby" - what gave you that feeling?

I often read that people just knew when they had lost their baby. How did you know?

ITs hard to explain, but i just knew something wasnt right, i just had that "feeling" it wasnt going to end well, with my first mc, i had no idea, i had a hb then at 11 weeks it all went downhill, but with the 2nd one it was 6weeks 2days, so maybe my body knew cause it had been there before, i also had a dream a few days before that i was in labour and the baby didnt make it, the dreamwas quite physical as well, like i felt like i was pushing the baby out, if that made sence.
    Sorry not much help in answering the actual question, but i think we have such a poweful intuition that sometime we just know.

I would have to agree with Anila on the intuition thing, there was no exact reason why for me just a series of little things that all sort of added up, I also had a few "weird" experiences that really quite scared me and had me thinking that something was wrong, I was also REALLY aprehensive about going to my scan (where I found out my bub had no HB) but I had no reason at all to be, just something in my head/body that was niggling constantly "this isnt gonna be good"
    I hope that makes sense!

I didn't know until I started bleeding, but once I saw the bleeding, even though it wasn't much then, I knew what was happening. Of course it got worse over the coming days, but as soon as I saw it my heart iced over

I think that people who just *know* they're pregnant, without testing, are the ones that *know* when they miscarry - I don't know why, I don't think its just because some are more in tune with their bodies, because I'm not in tune with mine. LOL, sorry, not much help to you

I just knew something was wrong - people kept telling me I was just paranoid, that I was young and healthy so there was no reason why I would miscarry but I just knew - and when I started to spot - I knew that I was right. It upset me that peple weren't taking me seriously, including my doc!

I think a mothers intuition begins as soon as we are pregnant, as we are all mums, even if it's only to our angel babies!

I didn't know. I had a little bleed at 11weeks 5 days and right up until I had a scan at 12 weeks I was talking to 'him' telling him to hang in there. When they told me his heart had only stopped beating the day before I was devastated.

I was sus when my morning sickness didn't start (usually at 6 weeks). I also felt really strange/silly when I was organising a midwife and making plans.. looking back it's almost as if I knew. Then when I started spotting I just knew it wasn't good. I tried to convince myself that spotting can be fine (I had it with DS) but my gut just knew i think. I was very apprehensive going for my scan at 7 weeks and I'm usually really laid back about my scans... I just knew it was going to be an empty screen. Didn't make it much easier actually seeing it tho

Oh everyone, this thread is making me so sad, I just think we need a group hug

For me, I had an instinct with both of my angel babes, that there just wasn't something 'right'. With my first pg, I had spotting, then bleeding from very early on. I had a dream about my baby, and it just felt like he was saying good bye. I had several u/s which all came back ok. But at the last one at 18wks, I just knew it would not be good news. He had passed away the week prior. I had a very simial experience with my second pg, though not as bad bleeding or cramping, but I also had a dream with this baby and again it felt like he was saying goodbye. He was warning me that he would not be earthside with us and was saying hello and goodbye. We found out at 11 weeks that the pg was not to be.

With my next two pg, I did not dream about these bubs, and I just knew it would be ok. Although I had spotting with DD's pg and I was absolutely petrified both times, deep down I knew it would be ok. I feel the same with this pg. Although I have dreamed of this baby, it was a very differnt feeling and she was an older bub (not that I truely know she's a she, I just *know*, lol!), she was sitting up and playing with toys. It was a happy feeling and I just have a feeling it will be all good and she will be with us soon.

At about 7 weeks, I had a few very sharp, very different pains to the normal stretching pains. The night before I m/c at 8 weeks, I just felt it, it's like everyone else has said, I just knew it was going to happen. A few hours later I started cramping and bleeding, and even though DF said there was hope, I knew our baby had gone. I just didn't 'feel' pregnant anymore, itms? That weight in my belly, the tingling in my boobs, and something I still can't explain, it all just went.
    Last edited by PumpkinZulu; July 21st, 2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling

With Noah... I knew right from the get-go that something wasn't right. My DH would often find me crying because I felt something was wrong with my baby. I'd had scans which showed the baby was fine... the heart beat was able to be heard and as far as the Dr's were concerned, he was doing great in there. Everything came crashing down at the morphology scan. My DH was shocked because everything I had said to him was right.

With my MC in 07, I got my BFP and instantly I thought that the baby wasn't there to stay. Just a silly gut feeling. I even asked my mum how she felt when she miscarried as I thought it would happen to me... I cried when I told mum this and she told me the bub would be fine. A few days later I started spotting and a week later I lost the baby.

With my 3rd loss, I was kinda shocked when it happened. I'd only just got a BFP a few days previous.

Agree with the OP - just intuition told me with all my 4 m/c that they wern't going to be earth babies. Then I started bleeding & knew it was all over from there.

Whilst I was anxiousl& a whole host of other feelings when pg with DD - I knew she was a sticky one

I never knew. I don't have that sort of intuition I guess, I don't have it with my other children either...

Red face

Hello...

Firstly I will say YES I am a newbie to the site. My name is Tess and thought I would reply to this thread.

Althought I can say I didnt "know" I can most definatly say in the last few weeks I knew something was up... and it grew right up until into labour I was telling the midwife that I just had a hunch it wasnt going to go as planned.

Hugs to those who have lost, my heart is with you all.

I believe its ur intuition telling u. I had never been pg before and didnt even know anyone that had a miscarriage but right from the start i was saying that i felt like something was wrong.. i just didnt feel pg. Whenever i told ppl they wld just say im silly and too start being positive or i wld cause a m/c. It was very frustrating. But since I had never been pg or knew what a good feeling pregnancy was like i just assumed that it was just me being paranoid. I started spotting at 9 weeks, went for a scan and found out that baby had stopped growing at 5 weeks.. around the time i did the hpt. I felt like yelling at everyone 'See!! I told u!!'. Im glad that after a m/c u can request an early scan cos thats all i ever wanted with the last one but no1 listened to me.
    A womans intuition is very strong.. we defintely dont give it enough credit.

I kinda knew something was wrong, but I definitely didn't expect to be told he was dead. I thought at worst he'd have to be born early, at best there was nothing wrong and I was worrying too much again.

I just knew. And when my m/s dissoed I was convinced.
    2 weeks later I started to bleed.
    I had a missed m/c.

I just had a feeling it was my frist pg and i just knew i kept calling the dr to ask for a scan and he kept saying no and when he finally said yes i found out that i had a missed misscarriage and it had been three weeks since the baby had passed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast