Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is the miscarriage that never ends...

Unhappy This is the miscarriage that never ends...

This is ridiculous.
    Fri 27th August, I have the first bright red bleeding.
    Wed 1st Sep, I get the news that the HCG levels have dropped from 4000ish to 621.
    Wed 8th Sep, I have such heavy bleeding that I have to leave work. It stops that night.
    Mon 13th Sep, heavy bleeding starts.
    Thurs 16th Sep, the bleeding increases to the point of soaking the pad (put on 1 hr before), my undies, tights, and the work chair. My angelic colleague drives me home. Horribly enormous clots.
    Today, more bad bleeding and clots.

When is this going to end? When I bleed to death? I hate this. I've already lost any hope of a baby/further pregnancy this year, do I have to have my face rubbed in it as well? Baby Elvis was supposed to be due at the end of this month, god dammit.

I hate this.

I really needed to vent, I think. I wish I could cry.

Oh, I know exactly how you feel

After 7 weeks of bleeding, I begged for a D&C, I just wanted it over with. I couldn't begin to get over it while it was still happening. Would you consider talking to your GP about it? They can at least order a scan to see 'how much' is left, and you can decide from there...

Awww honey, are you able to get to a Dr or ED? I think that you need to get some help with the bleeding.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

sweetie, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Please see your GP or go to your local ER that blood loss sounds alot.

Regards,
    Dianne
    Last edited by diannescruffy; September 17th, 2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: removal of ticker

hugs hun,

my FS told me after one of my many mc that i bled for a long time that i needed a d&c as bleeding passed 6 weeks could mean/ incourage an infection......sure enough i had endomitritis (not to be confused with endo)

i would go get it cgecked with your health care provider

I'm very sorry that you have lost another baby this year. I have had similar losses in the last year (at 12wks and 7wks) and have a DD just a bit younger than yours.I had prolonged bleeding after each one; 3mths the first time (despite 3 d & c's) then 8wks the second time (used medication, no d & c). My situation may be different to yours but just in case it's of any help i thought i'd post: I had blood tests for recurrent miscarriage. The only thing that showed up is that I have a gene for a blood clotting problem. My OB seems to think it might explain both the losses and the prolonged bleeding. Not sure if you are going to get tests done? I hope you feel better soon...

Hi.

How is the bleeding today? Will you be going to see the doctor?

I am very sorry for your loss

sorry for your loss

one if my m/c I bled on and off for about 28 days then had major flooding bleeding as you decribed soaking a pad etc, it dies down after 2 days when I passed some clots then around a week of spotting...so all up approx 6 weeks of bleeding, I was 7 weeks with that m/c too

if your at all concerned pop up to your dr or ER

Dear everyone,
    thank you for your replies and hugs; your kindness helps enormously. possum magic, I shall be ringing my OB today and asking about what to do, and if I should worry about this blood clotting gene. I spent much of the weekend in bed, intermittently changing my pyjamas (pads are just not cutting it, especially when I fall asleep for a few hours) but the bleeding seems to be slacking off again.

I've asked DH if he wants to try and get pregnant next time; astoundingly, he doesn't think it's possible. But he bought me jellybeans.
    Thank you all again.

Oh hun you cant go on like think you need to find a supportive OB or Dr. I hope your phone call today helps.

No one needs their face rubbed in it this much and the bleeding must mean that there is more going on than normal!

I rang my OB yesterday. She was concerned, which is good. So, 3 options given:
    1. have a D&C that night.
    2. take antibiotics for 3 days and then see how things were; if no change in bleeding, a D&C on Friday.
    3. take antiinflammitories (eg. Neurofen) for 3 days and then see how things were; if no change, D&C Friday.

I went for option 3. The thought of another D&C makes me very anxious, for some odd reason, and I am sure I don't have an infection, as there's no yucky smell nor fever. Neurofen at the maximum dose it is. Oh please let this help.

Did I say thank you for all the hugs? Thank you.

I hope it helps for you too...

This must be a massive emotional journey for you
    Last edited by delphmoon; September 22nd, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

Kirsten - thinking of you and hoping that it all settles down real soon. This process can be very draining, take care sweety xoxox

Am hoping that it helps babe, and you don't need a D&C.

Sue xx

Another update.
    The Neurofen worked to reduce the flow significantly, and the blood changed from red to brown, which was reassuring. So I didn't have to have a D&C Friday. THANK GOD. Instead, I took my daughter to the pool! This was great for 30 minutes and then she vomited everywhere. I may never show my face there again. Still better than the D&C though.
    However.
    I am still (!) bleeding. It comes and goes, but never goes entirely; I got away without a pad for a bit, but at the cost of stained undies. I feel like I'm keeping the pad manufacturers in business. Ringing the OB again today to let her know and find out what we do from here.
    My best friend is hugely pregnant. I am hoping with every fibre of my being that I don't end up having a D&C while she has her baby. Murphy's Law can sod off.

Im so sorry to hear that things are still not resolved. You must be exhausted, physically and emotionally. I hope so much that things settle down for you soon. If you have to have a D&C we will all be here to support you through it.

Rachel.

Have been thinking of you...can't imagine how difficult it is for you to have this constant reminder going on right now

I know what you mean about keeping pad manufacturer's in business. I've made that joke too! I hope things only get better for you and that old Murphy takes a hike!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast