Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: missed misscariage????

Default missed misscariage????

has anyone in here had a missed misscariage? i am terrified that my baby has died and i dnt know it... i just don't feel right...
    if there is someone who has experienced this could you tell me what i could be looking for????

hi noni*e - there is someone in the september 1-15th page who has had that happen unfortunately.

hugs to you love.

i am not actually sure thats the thing i am trying to find out????

Hi Noni*e

The frustrating thing about early pregancy is that symptoms can fluctuate. I felt so sick on Saturday and then today nothing really so please don't get to worried just yet. First thing in the morning, call you doctor and ask for either a scan or a BT just to put your mind at ease.

Try to get a good nights sleep, I am sure tomorrow the doctor will allay your fears.

Luv Spring

will they give me a scan? i am worried i will say this and they will tell me i am being stupid iukwim?

Hey babe, who cares if they think if you are stupid. Because of my history, I am going for scans every week. Not because I have to, but because I think I would drive myself crazy otherwise.

Have you booked into a hospital yet? If you are getting really worried, why don't you give the midwifes a call. They are there 24 hours and I am sure they will put your mind at ease. Definately don't feel like you are being stupid, other than the occasional waves of nausea and being tired, I don't really have symptoms. Don't forget that some women make it to many months before they even realise they are pregant.

Hope that this helps.

luv Spring

Hi noni*e

I had a missed miscarriage in December 06 and I didn't know anything was wrong until I had an ultrasound at 10 weeks (heart stopped around 8 weeks). I had tiny, tiny spot bleeding for two days that was dark brown (old blood) in the week of the ultrasound but other than that, no idea anything was wrong. I don't think they will think you are stupid. Hopefully your symptoms are normal and all goes well with the doctor.

yeah i have booked in to a hospital but i havn't even had my first appointment yet for the interview and stuff....
    how do u manage to get a scan every week does ur dr refer you???
    i am just worried coz symptoms were very strong and now are not

Hi noni - i agree with tinsel. i would be making a phone call tomorrow to find out. it could be just that you are having a good couple of days. good luck.

i really hope thats all it is i am driving myself crazy with this stuff... i also have bipolar disorder so this is particularly difficult having these thoughts on my mind....

Noni*e

I go to a private obstetrician and he has an ultrasound machine in his rooms. I have to pay for it but it is worth the expense for the peace of mind.

Look I know it is easy to say, but being this worried is totally natural. Just remember that often symptoms get worse than better. Like I said, I feel fine today but every few days I feel really sick. Just remember that every woman is differnt and not everyone has the text book symptoms.

Just get up first thing, call the doctor and see if you can get a scan or a urgent BT. Explain to them how you are feeling and that you have Bipolar and just want to put your mind at ease. Don't get me wrong though, I am only suggesting you do this to put your mind at ease, not because I think anything is wrong I am sure you will be ok.

I am going to sleep soon so I will pop back tomorrow to see how you are.

Luv Spring

Hi Noni*e. I was unsure whether to post or not as I didn't want to give you any info that may make you worry more. I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks. I only found out at my ultrasound. I had brown spotting for a few days beforehand but my doctor and midwife told me there was nothing to worry about so I let it go. The night before my scan I felt sick that there was something wrong but tried to convince myself otherwise.
    Looking back, I had begun to lose symptons about about the same time the spotting started.
    I'm sure you will be reassured once you visit your doctor and please don't let them tell you just not to worry without you being totally comfortable and confident when you leave there. Insist on a scan if that's what you want and need.
    I'll be thinking of you today and wishing you all the best!

Hi Noni*e

Just checking in on you before I go to work. Good luck today, let me know how it goes. I am sure you will be ok. I'll check on you when I get home from work.

Good luck hun.

Noni*e*, I believe it reads somewhere in the pregnancy info that if you suddenly lose all preg symptoms to call your health carer!

Unfortunately the body & mind are powerful things & I'd definately be making a cll if I were you!

Hope all goes well & it's just a bit of worry & nothing else!

I don't want to worry you but a missed miscarriage can occur and you can have absolutely no signs or symptoms that it has happened. My symptoms have only just stopped and I had a D&C on the 5th February. I had no spotting or bleeding and was still getting positive HPTs and my beta levels were up.

It was only the u/s that I had which confirmed that the baby had not developed and there was no heartbeat.

If you are concerned at least go and see your GP who can refer you for an u/s for reassurance.

BTW, I am bipolar too.

Lisa

I also had a missed m/c at 12 weeks - I also had dark brown spotting which got heavier over a few days. I was also told not to worry because it was 'old blood' but i just knew something wasn't right.

Apparently from what I've read and been told, dark brown spotting is a classic symptom of a missed m/c and is usually the first indication that something's not right.

Good luck, I hope you have a scan showing everything is just fine in there!

i have had no spotting but i am going to go to the dr and insist on a scan just for my own piece of mind i will let u know when i know...

Hey Noni, fingers crossed for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast