Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molar Pregnancy

tarni Guest

Default Molar Pregnancy

Hi everyone. I hoped to never have to post in this area, my heart goes out to all here. This is my story...

2 nites ago I had a tiny amount of watery blood come out, followed by a small amount of brown the following day. I visited my doctor and as expected, she sent me for an ultrasound so that I could hear a heartbeat and put my fears to rest. Bad news, the ultrasound bought up no heartbeat (should have been able to detect one at 7 weeks preggie) and the screen was pretty much just looking like a snowstorm. I was told there was a large amount of tissue in my uterus and no evidence of a normal 5-7 week pregnancy. I told the lady doing the scan that I had an appt with my dr this morning but she didn't really seem to care and said she'd fax her report thru to the dr.

Last nite I started bleeding quite heavily, a mixture of bright red and dark red blood so I went straight to the hospital's emergency room. I was told it looked like a normal miscarriage and to go home and rest. Then first thing this morning my dr rang me and told me that the scan report showed a tumour in my uterus and that I needed to get blood tests done immediately and that she'd booked me in with a gynocologist for this afternoon. The news just gets better and better The gyno explained to me that I have a molar pregnancy where the cells making up my placenta just kept rapidly reproducing until they just wiped out my baby and everything else in my uterus. Usually the cells stop reproducing at a certain point but mine didn't. They have also broken thru the walls of my uterus and have caused a growth on the other side. So on Friday I'm booked in for a curette. They need to test the cells to see if they are benign or malignant. There's only a 2% chance of malignancy. But I must be extremely special because the chances of a molar pregnancy happening is 1:1200. So safe to say that I'm heartbroken by the loss but am remaining positive that I will carry another baby to fullterm down the track.

Depending on the outcome of the curette results (partial or complete molar pregnancy), I'll have to wait 6-12 months before I'm allowed to try for another baby. My fingers are crossed for a waiting period of only 6 months...I'd like to hear some 'good' news in amongst all this. I still can't quite believe all this is happening.

So sorry to hear of your loss Tarni. You seem to be a strong woman with a positive attitude, hang in there!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Tarni - big hugs - I am so sorry for your loss of your baby and best of luck with curette and followup treatment.
    I can't imagine what you are going through it must be pretty scary

Oh you poor thing :hugs: to you babe.

Luv Spring

Oh Tarni Sweetie, I just read your message in the Dec belly buddies and I am so sorry this has happened to you. I want to give you a massive hug. I was so cranky when I read about the lady doing the US. How awful and uncaring. I hope your heart mends soon and you receive good news soon. Keep us posted. xx

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand that molar pregnancy is extremely rare so you are very unfortunate to have had this happen to you. I hope your wait to ttc is not too long but if it is just remember you are still very young so a year of waiting will still give you plenty of time to try again later. I know that's not what you want to hear but I'm trying to put a positive spin on this for you. Good luck with everything.

*las* Guest

I'm so sorry for your loss

I have a friend who had a molar pregnancy last year. She had continued BT's and appointments, and after 6 months got the all clear to start ttc again. She's now 19wks pregnant...with twins.

I hope your test results are ok, the curette cleans it all up, your recovery is quick and you are able to start ttc again soon.

Look after yourself.

Big big hugs Tarni - I am so sorry for all you are going through. Sending you lots of love and know when you are ready there is lots of love and support for you here in BB. :hugs:

I'm so sorry Tarni.

Tarni I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. My first pregnancy was a molar pregnancy... undiscovered until I started bleeding at 17 weeks. I had a D&C and then regular blood tests (twice weekly,then down to weekly) for 6 months. I have gone on to carry two babies to term. I wish you all the best.

I am so sorry Tarni what you are going through is awful :hugs:. Miscarriage is hard enough but to then have all these other things to deal with makes it seem unbareable.
    You have definately come to the right place to share your story, the women in here are wonderful and as you will see so many have gone through the same thing and are here to support you. We just have to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
    Good luck with the D&C on Friday and I hope you get the news you want from your results.

Tarni, I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you

Tarni, I am really sorry for your loss and all the bad news. I really hope that Friday brings the best possible news!

Fingers are crossed for the 6 months!

Keep us posted.

:hugs:
    Sarah

tarni Guest

Hi all, just a quick post to let you all know that I came thru the D&C well, recovery time was very quick and I don't feel too bad physically. Emotionally I'm a wreck but that's to be expected. I have great care here at home. My DP is spoiling me silly and the in-laws have been extremely attentive and sympathetic. We were all wanting this baby so much.

Thank you so much for all your well wishes, I will keep you posted as to the news my gyno gives me on Friday. I'm now just waiting to know if the tumour was benign or malignant and if I have to wait 6 or 12 months before falling pregnant again.

Love & hugs to all
    Tarni xox

Big :hugs: It's so nice to hear you are getting lots of love and support. Take good care and just *feel* whatever comes to you. Pop in here any time to get some extra support - we are all thinking of you...

Thinking of you Tarni and am so sorry you had to go through all of this.

Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx

Hi Tarni...this happened to me too, I had a partial molar, which was not picked up until 12 weeks. I had a D and C, and waited 12 months before having our son, who is now a very healthy 3 1/2 year old. Touch wood, my current pregnancy is going well too, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Wishing you all the best.

Tarni glad you are doing well - I hope you get good news on Friday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast