Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Molar Pregnancy

tarni Guest

Hi everybody. Almost a week after I got my final results but its the only time I could bear to post...

Gyno has told me that I now have to wait 12 months before trying to conceive again.
    That's all I can bear to say about that because I'm devastated...

Has anybody used the contraceptive (implant) Mirena?

So sorry to hear that Tarni.

Is it 12 months from now, or 12 months from your m/c?

I am waiting chromosome results to find out if I had a partial molar pregnancy...

Tarni - I am so sorry for your loss and what you have had to endure - I have my fingers crossed for you that you will be back TTC very soon. :hugs:

Tarni, I've had the Implanon, no problems at all.

I'm so sorry for your bad news.

Hugs.

tarni Guest

Kiwigirl, did you get those chromosome results yet?

Hi Tarni,

Thanks for asking I'm still waiting -- it hopefully will be next week when I find out.

Hi Tarni - I am so very sorry. In February, my husband and I were over the moon to learn that I was pregnant with our first baby after two years of trying. At eight weeks, I had some bleeding but was assured by my doctor that everything was fine, hcg levels still rising nicely so we felt reassured and after a weeks bed rest had no more problems, bleeding had stopped and life went back to normal. As I had very irregular periods, we were scheduled for a dating scan on May 3rd which would be about the ten week mark - we were so excited at the prospect of hearing our baby's heartbeat for the first time. However, after a few minutes of scanning around my tummy,the sonographer started firing questions about my hcg results at me and alarm bells started ringing in my head. She then went on to tell me that there was no heartbeat detectable and if that wasn't enough, she could see twins and some suspicious looking tissue to top it all off. Went in for a D&C the following morning and was told that I would be phoned the next week with the results. Two weeks passed with no news so I assumed everything was ok but knew I really should ring my GP to confirm that but to tell the truth, we had been on such an emotional rollercoaster that I wanted everything to just go away and I didn't want to know. Anyway had a phonecall from the hospital three days ago asking me why I hadn't been having my weekly blood tests done. Good of them to let me know (NOT). Turns out it was a partial twin molar pregnancy so I have started the whole weekly testing thing, have to wait for my hcg to come back to 0, have two consecutive 0 then wait 6 months before TTC again. Am hopeful this won't take too long. My first blood test which was 3 weeks post D&C (on May 23) was 165 down from 97000 on May 3, just before my D&C so I am trying to stay positive. Looking back, I was so paranoid that something was going to go wrong with this pregnancy, maybe I knew somehow. I am sooo tired of crying but I feel powerless to stop myself. Luckily, like you Tarni, I have a fantastic husband and supportive family and friends but unless they have been through the whole miscarriage thing, how can they really know just what you are going through. Anyway, best of luck for the future, you are not alone and believe in the power of love and talking about your feelings.
    XXXX Melissa

PS Good luck with your results Kiwigirl

Me (28), DH (36)
    3 May 2007
    Last edited by *beannaithe*; May 25th, 2007 at 06:51 AM.

Hi - thanks for asking after me. I got the results back today (6 weeks after the D&C) and it wasn't a molar pregnancy after all. I am so relieved.

tarni Guest

Hi Melissa, big hugs to you honey. I got big fat red tears in my eyes reading your post (at work!) and I am so sorry.

We are so lucky to have the fantastic support we do have though aren't we? Thank goodness for small blessings.

I hope you are well.
    xoxo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12