Thread: Waiting to TTC after ectopic

Default Waiting to TTC after ectopic

I was just wondering if anyone is in the same boat. Ectopic in Feb 09 given methotrexate and in the waiting period before TTC. We will start again in July that will be about 5 months. Could start before but want to be safe that all the methotrexate is out of system and folic acid levels are good.
    Any good ideas on how to prepare for another try?
    My Dr. says no further testing is necessary due to first pregnancy. I was hoping to get some more follow up during the waiting period. I am trying to lose some more weight while we wait and get back into my exercise routine. I just want to get myself ready physically.
    Mentally I just think we will need to go for it as I am freaking out about getting pregnant again. Dr. says as soon as I get a BFP I will be in his radar for close monitoring but the problem was I never new I was pregnant when I discovered the ectopic by pure luck (routine blood work). I guess I will just need to POAS every month multiple times to feel safe. Anyway I am rambling I guess was just checking to see if anyone else here is in the same stage.

Well today was my first step to feeling normal in preparation to TTC again we finally DTD. Man was I ever afraid and probably will feel fearful in waiting for AF even though we used protection. Oh well sorry if that was tMI

good luck Teme...the fear does subside somewhat in time, but is always there to a degree I guess, but it gets easier. good luck