Thread: Is 1 year too young for pottie training?

Proud Mummy Guest

Default Is 1 year too young for pottie training?

Hi,
    Do u think 1 year is too young for Pottie training? How old was ur bub when they started?

We have been thinking about it & Zander is 16 months old. I think the problem with starting now (for us too) is that they just don't understand that they are going to wee. Zander reacts only when he has no clothes on (looks down before he wees) but to explain to him that he should go to the potty doesn't seem to work right now!

Yes, I think its too young because they have to have some bladder control. You could introduce the concept though if they are willing and happy to have a go.

Too young to train, but with DD1 we introduced a potty once she could sit unaided & she was fully trained day & night before her second birthday with no relapse!
    DD2 sits on potty in mornings & every night after her bath, she has done a wee EVERY night after her bath & claps & cheers & has done wee & a few poo's now in mornings... Basically it's so when the time does come it isnt terrifying for her!

I have the potty out now for Tehya as she wants to sit on the big toilet. She hasn't done anything yet but as she is already telling us when she has done a poo and sometimes right before doing it I figure she is pretty close. My aim is to get her TT over this summer.

At 1 year old though I would be thinking alittle too young... Just my opinion of course

i'm with tracey - i plan on putting the girls on the potty as soon as they can sit unassisted to get used to the idea, and then when they're walking onto the big toilet (again to get the idea) - mummy ain't changing nappies forever lol

honestly though - summer is the best time to train, i mean i know i hate going to the loo in the middle of winter during the night it's too cold so i can see how a little person wouldn't like it either

good luck