Thread: 2.5yr old wont do number 2's on the toilet!! Any secrets???

Red face 2.5yr old wont do number 2's on the toilet!! Any secrets???

HI everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has any secrets to get my toddler to the loo to do number 2's!! He is fully toilet trained during the day but will hold on ALL day until I put his night time nappy on to go to bed and then runs behind the couch to hide and do 'poo's' :eek: So if anyone has any secrets, can you please let me know. Also, has anyone tried those toilet seats with the little stairs attached to help them get on the loo? I wonder if that would help

ok this happened to my DD. In the end I got her to sit on the potty to do poo in her nappy. Did this for a while, and then I slowly started to undo the nappy whilst she was sitting on the potty pooing in her nappy. Then just put the nappy in the bottom of the potty with a little bit of toilet paper on top. Then took the nappy away, and left the loo paper. All up it took a couple of weeks, but it worked and it wasn't stressful for her.
    HTH. Let me know how you go!

You could place some toilet paper in the bowl, as apparently my nephews was scared of the noise, of the poo dropping into the bowl...

Good Luck!

We used the toilet seat with the steps and they worked for us. My DD and a GF DS of the same age went through the same stage of not being able to do number 2s initially, but it worked itself out with time. Hang in there.

Thanks heaps guys! I will try all those suggestions. He just seems petrified of sitting on the toilet, as if he is going to fall into a huge black hole! Maybe I will being out the potty again and see how that goes.

Have you tried putting the poo from the nappy into the toilet and waving it goodbye? (gross I know). My friends daughter was the same and she found that she didn't want the poo to sqash on her bottom when she was sitting on the toilet. Once she explained that the poo wouldn't squash on her if she went in the toilet she was fine. Goodluck.