Thread: Aldi (mamia) nappy sizes

Question Aldi (mamia) nappy sizes

I need to get DS some disposables for short term use and would like to get them from Aldi if I can - I know they don't have newborn sizes which is OK because he's pretty much grown out of them already, but do they sell the next size up, from about 5kg??

Hoping someone can save me an unnecessary trip to Aldi!

Willow, I'm not 100% but the Aldi brand nappies to have a big range in sizes. Meaning that they go from like 6 to 11kgs or something like that. So a fairly big nappy.

Not sure how trim it would be on a newborn thats all.

I may be wrong though, as I have never used Aldi nappies on a newborn (did find them great on a toddler though)

Yeah, me either Trish. I might just have to stick with huggies for now, hopefully he'll only be in them about 7-10 days anyway.

Just didn't want to go to Aldi for no reason!

Hi Willow, Aldi do have newborn sized nappies, I am using them on my DS now! They can be used for up to 6kg and I find them to be great (even better than Huggies because they don't seem to leak). If you go to Aldi they are in a yellow packet. Hopefully all Aldis stock this size? Otherwise it might be worth ringing your local one to make sure they have them.

Congratulations on your little man by the way! He was born a day after mine

Hi Willow I have been given some Aldi nappies in the newborn size(small) which suits bubs between 3 to 6kgs.The next size up is medium(crawler) 4to 9kgs. I haven't used these so I can't say how good they are as we are using Huggies atm. I will try these when our supply of Huggies run out Hope this helps you and Logan out. I tried to PM you but your PM box is full apparently. Will try again later

Sorry Willow, my bad.

Although I was close to right with the next size nappies. Only out by 2 kgs hehe.

No worries Trish, I thought the same as you!! I don't think they used to stock them back when I had DD anyway!

Mako, trying to empty my PM box now so try again soon!!

~Trish~ - I've been following you and Kieren in your October belly buddies thread! I read it every day just to see how other bubs Logan's age are doing! It's helped to keep me sane some days knowing that others are having bad days/nights just like us!

Good idea, I'll ring my local Aldi before I pack the munchins up and drive over there.

Thanks girls!!

Willow - You are more than welcome to pop into the October thread to chat! I know the other girls wouldn't mind at all, I only made in that group by 2.5 hours!! Maybe I'll pop into the November group every now and then, I agree, it's great chatting to other mums going through the same stage as yourself.

The medium size is great. I used them all the time on Chelsea. Have not started on Jasmine yet. Aldi sell the best nappies ever!!

I agree with Trish...pop in and have a chat with us. I wish none of us had bad day/nights...wouldnt that just be perfect!

i bought some of the aldi nappies after they were really recommended to me by a friend... I got the 5-9kg ones when Noah wasjust over 5kg or so and they are MASSIVE!!!! I havent had him weighed recently but i would say he is now about 6kg and they are still really really big.... lucky he cant ask 'does my bum look big in this mummy??'!!! LOL!
    In my pack also there were about 5 nappies without tags on them...
    That said, no leakage at all even when so big and v good value - but i dont think i will buy anymore til he is closer to the top end of the weight range..
    I have also tried babylove which i like and the target dri bots are great. I am not a huge fan of huggies as i think i can smell the chemicals in them...(but that is prob just me)
    ETA when i went to my Aldi they had a newborn size too...

We use Aldi nappies when we use disposables... in fact Matilda uses the pull ups for nights which is incredible that a pull up would last overnight.

Well just ducked out and got them!

I'm sure they'll be just as good as their other nappies, I used the larger sizes for DD.

~Trish~
    - I missed out on an October baby by 40 mins!! LOL