Thread: Am I holding her back

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Default Am I holding her back

DD is almost 2.5. At daycare she sits on the toilet at every nappy change and is starting to wee on the toilet more often (at least once most days).

This morning after I put a nappy on her, she asked for knickers (pull-ups) after asking to say hello to the toilet.

She's also often going "uh oh" and holding herself and then saying "all finished now" which I think means she's just done a wee.

DH & I work full-time and weren't planning to get fully into TT until the Christmas holidays, but are we now holding her back?

We just bit the bullet with Charlotte - she was similar, would go at kinder etc - and we just one day put her in knickers. Gt rid of the nappy all together. She was also taking her self at home though too when she was nude, even if she didn't do anything.

Worked out really well... And worth a try. TTing doesn't have to be some time consuming process, sometimes they will just TT.
    Maybe try putting her in knickers for day care days and see how she goes.

GL

sounds like she may be ready?
    Is there any reason you can't follow her lead and put her in pull ups? You'll figure out soon enough how ready she actually is, and you could always pop her on the loo just before you need to go anywhere and pop the potty in your boot for outings.
    I remember dd came in to me one day while I was on the phone, told me she'd just been to the toilet, and that was the end of it. I still put her in nappies for a couple of weeks to make sure, but I don't think she needed them any more.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

THanks. I think I'll use the pull ups more often. We're about to move house so I don't want to make too many changes all at once (Like TT). Last time we moved house she also moved from cot to big bed which was a little shock for her.

I think if she is ready, she will do it and their won't be any 'training' involved. Just encouraging her. But from watching my DD who will be 3 in November, she wants to do it at daycare (She is there 2 - 3 days a week).. All the other kids are going to the toilet, and she copies them. They only put a nappy on her at nap/rest time, and she has only had one accident in the last few weeks.. But at home she tends to holds it till nappy time She will go sit on the toilet, just not do anything..

But you may find, that daycare might actually be an advantage for this stage, she will do as the other kids do, and you don't get all the accidents.. Good luck..