Thread: another TT dilemma

Default another TT dilemma

ok well my latest dilemma is night time toilet training. I have just managed to move my daughter from potty to big toilet (shes been very scared of it) so I can start properly toilet training her when we are out and about. So far no problems what so ever. But where do I begin with no nappy at night time? She has no day sleep any more so I cant start with just undies for this sleep. Should I just go cold turkey with the night time or is it too soon to start? She wakes up every morning with a wet nappy. Sorry for all the questions lol Im clueless

Ok, I reckon you have 2 options: go for whichever suits you best:

1. Bite the bullet, invest in a waterproof matress protector, make sure you have loads of spare cot sheets and PJ's at the ready, and let her go to bed in just undies/pj's, and see what happens........you may be up 4 times a night changing wet linen etc, but you may not....see how you go, and how she responds to that.(It may make her miserable, or she may love it.)

2. Keep her in nappies for nighttime sleeps until she wakes up dry with a dry nappy. This may take another few years...........

Good luck either way.......

the only way we've managed to do it is go cold turkey - we usually get 5 or more days dry then a couple of wet nights (usually only wets just before time to get up so were trying to beat him to and waking up earlier to make sure we go to toilet. we were never getting a dry nappy in the morning cause he couldn't be bothered to get up and go he'd just fill the nappy while waking up.

Thanks I been having a think and I have heard stories when a new baby comes along that children sometimes can go backwards in TT. And now with winter coming up, Im thinking maybe starting this summer when she will be used to the idea of the baby around and its a bit warmer. I just don't want to push her if shes not ready. Thanks for your advice though

looking at her age i'd give it while also - we only went cold tuey post 3rd birthdayrk

Thanks Jaspen, thats the other thing I was thinking

Mackenzie has been TT's since July but we only went no nappy for night sleeps in January. She was waking up dry so we gave it a go. We have a matress protector which goes over the sheet so she actually sleeps on it - so if we do have an accident you don't have to change sheets in the middle of the night. Some kids are night trained really quickly but then my neice who has been TT's since 18 months turned 4 last week and has only just come out of nappies for her night sleep. Don't stress if she's day trained just run with that until you are both comfortable with giving the night thing a go. We found the first few nights she wanted a nappy on but we explained that big girls don't need nappies at night and if she needed to go to the toilet just to get up and go. We have only had 2 accidents and both were when we were on holidays and she was just so tired I don't think she woke up but as soon as she wet she jumped up and finished her wees in the toilet.

cloud_skye Guest

I basically TT day and night one after the other. My DD is your DD's age and once she day trained she night trained. It seemed to solidify the day time TT aswell. That said she woke up with a dry nappy every morning. So Once I decided to do it we went cold turkey. It wasn't too bad either

My DD has been out of day time nappies since the start of Jan, after a few weeks we tried her day time sleep and she woke up dry. I was going to let her wear nappies to bed until she woke up dry, but she wanted to wear unies to bed so last week we tried the first night she woke up dry the second she was wet and since then she has been dry, so all up it took us 2 1/2 months to Fully TT her day and night. Good luck