Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else using Babylove nappies?

Question Anyone else using Babylove nappies?

Hey guys,

I have been using babylove nappies and Mason gets little clear pieces of jelly like stuff in his nappy.

Does anyone else have this prob?

thats the crystals stuff they use to soak up the wee. i had this once or twice but cant remember which brand it was. we now use cloth!!!, when masons older try aldi nappies

I have the aldi ones here but their smallest size is HUGE compared to his small butt

Have u tried the Coles loves baby brand? They worked well on Chels as a new born, but hopeless as she got older. I only use Aldi or Huggies now.

Ive heard alot of people mention the crystals from Babylove nappies

It usually only happens when the nappy is too full. So maybe try changing him earlier. If it still happens well i have found that the woolworths brand doesn't do it.

Danni - we used babylove for one packet and got those crystal jelly things too. even if they weren't very wet. we won't be using them again.

i had the same experience with both my boys and their nappies were changed every 2-3 hours. i found Snugglers a better quality for the lower priced nappies.

I've been using the Babylove nappies for awhile now! I had some crystals quite frequently in the beginning but haven't noticed them as much lately. Or perhaps I just haven't been paying close enough attention. I will keep an eye on things and perhaps consider changing if it happens a lot. I have thought of giving snugglers a try...

I bought the babylove ones as they are the cheapest nappies. His nappy gets changed every 3 hours. The nurse said its fine though?

But he has never leaked or got nappy rash?

Danni, I have given up using BabyLove for that reason.....no matter how wet or dry, if you have a wriggler, the crystals still seem to appear.

If you have a Woolies near you, their nappies (the Select brand) are cheap but, I find, of a comparitive quality to Huggies. They are usually $20 a box (62 in a Newborn box, 54 in teh next size up). They have some special curly fibre which means no crystals.

Not sure how that price compares to BabyLove? maybe worth a try?

babylove is $36 for 144 nappies. I think snugglers are $36 for 120 so I might try those?

I just opened a brand new HUGE box and obviously cant take them back.

Lucy: no woolies near here at all!

Hey Danni, I used snugglers on Ashy til she was toilet trained at 2 and rarely had a problem. I also used babyloves sometimes and didn't have a prob with them either. I started using huggies as a night time nappy when she slept through cause 8 hours in a snugglers wasn't enough.
    My sis uses the Aldi ones and they are fine for both day and night for her.
    I personally found huggies a waste of money to use all the time, but one packet of 30 a month were fine for night time.
    Give the snugglers a go and see how you find them
    PS: Is that one of Jaiden's hats??

Danni, maybe you could get a packet of liners if you're concerned about the crystals on Mason's skin. They're in the supermarket just near the nappies and they kind of look a bit like chux so he'll have cloth next to his skin.
    If you're looking for cheap nappies maybe you should check around for a bulk/seconds soft goods and baby supplies shop. They usually sell bulk loo paper and wipes and serviettes and so on. You can often get boxes cheap because of things like a dodgy run of printing on the boxes.

I'm using Babylove and havent noticed any crystals...

I know why you don't use Huggies Dan and that's because they're huge on him, as they are on Blake. The Woolies ones are even bigger and not sure about Coles or Snugglers. Maybe buy a small pack of those and see how they fair instead of buying a bulk pack only to find they suck??

Danni i was also going to suggest using liners, just get the no name ones and cut them up, they'll last for ages!!!!!!

I used the cheap liners (black and gold I think) for Mason and they were like sand paper on his butt and gave him the most horrific nappy rash.
    Within 2 days of going back to the j&j ones it had cleared up.

Snugglers nappies were always good value but for some reason for Caleb we had constant blowouts.

Danni, I found the same problem with Babylove nappies in the yellow packaging. I contacted the company about that & also the sizeing of the nappies (too small for Isla even while she wa sin the the weight range) & they replaced the box for me. The crystalss shouldn't come out so send them an email & you might get a free box also.
    I recently bought BL nappies again after 2 boxes of Huggies because the Isla again, is inbetween sizes. I bought the ones in the purple packaging & ihaven't had the same crystal problem.

I am not a fan of huggies, The 2 boxs I had my mum bought for me so I used them, but I wouldn't buy them myself. They are too narrow I find. I like to be able to wrap the sides around Isla. But Snugglers are also good but I do have more blowouts like Sammi, But go to Big W & get them inthe bulk boxes, much better value.
    Aldi newborn size are about the same size as the Huggies Infant ones so they are good once you move onto the next size.

Have a look on Ebay Danni, there is a couple of auctions going that I noticed for Nappy samle bags. You get 1 of each of about 11 different brands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast