Thread: Anyone tried Weenees nappies?

Default Anyone tried Weenees nappies?

Hi all, I've had a look at the Weenees website, and I'm impressed by the biodegradable disposable pads that go in the reusable pants. Has anyone tried them?

They have samples of them at my birth centre...if you can wait...I dunno a few days, weeks, I have some eenees snibs one could go in and I could let you know

How unhelpful was that!!!

They said you should tear them in half before flushing. Can you just email or call and ask for a sample? If they're doling them out to hospitals, surely they'll let you try too?

Thanks Nelle . I took a leap of faith and bought one pair of pants, and a box of 40 pads yesterday. So far so good. It's hard to believe that my baby can get around in comfy underpants, in the same material as we wear, with just the waterproof (breathable) liner that the pad goes in. We used them overnight last night with no probs, now I just have to see how we go with poo containment. I tore one up and flushed it in the loo last night, just to see what would happen. It soaked up the water in the bowl, and I thought it wouldn't go down, but it did. I think I'll put the wet ones in the bin, and flush the pooey ones. Would be good to put them in a compost bin, but I don't have the room for one of those in my yard. I think they are a bit more expensive than the usual disposables, but the trees come from sustainable farms, and they break down in less than 6 weeks, so there's no environment guilt. There's no nasty chemicals, and they comfy, and probably more breathable than anything in disposables or even cloth that I've tried (except maybe a cloth nappy without a nappy cover on). Anyway, I've only used them for less than a whole day, so I'll let you know how I go.

Still interested to hear if anyone else has tried them.