Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Beehinds - has anyone used these?

Default Baby Beehinds - has anyone used these?

I am thinking of using cloth nappies at home for our first baby (disposables when we are out). I have looked at a few brands on the internet & like the looks of these ones.

Has anyone used these before? If so what did you think of them.

I am hoping to make a time with one of their demonstrators to get something sorted out soon, but would love some feedback if anyone has any?

Thanks

Yeah they look so cute don't they??

Sorry I haven't used them yet so don't actually have any advice but I have ordered the trial pack that contains one hemp, one bamboo plus 2 covers. Might be an idea to get that first and see if you like them??!

Good luck!

I use them. They are a great nappy!

I prefer the bamboo for the amount of wee it can absorb. It is really good for nights. The hemp is quicker at drying though.

If you can get a demo then go for it! I was hesitant till I saw them at a baby expo and bought two bamboo ones and a cover there. Once I'd seen them IRL there was no stopping me

Talking

Thanks Sammi & Lis. I intend to use disposables for the first week or two, and then get onto the cloth nappies. I am arranging a time today with one of the Baby Beehinds reps to see them in the next few weeks.

I didn't know that bamboo was more absorbent than the hemp. Thanks for the tip.

bamboo is softer, hemp can go quite stiff/hard
    they are great nappies - def. see a demonstrator
    as they are one sized they may look abit bulky on a newborn, but they will quickly grow into them

Yep - I use em! Both hemp and bamboo. Bamboo is a FANTASTIC night nappy. But I hated them until DS was about 5 months. LOL. They just didn't fit/work.

Probably best to get a variety of different cloth nappies and try them out on your bub before buying a big stash We've gone through stages where different nappies are better at different times.

I can also recommend using pocket nappies when you're out - no harder than disposables! Then you can be a full-time clothie

Have fun learning about nappies - and have fun shopping!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Baby Beehinds nappies are probably one of THE most popular fitted nappies on the market cos they are so good!! LOL
    I love them... the hemp and the bamboo - tho I agree the bamboo are softer. We use them as Gabby's night-time nappy with an extra booster and they're brilliant! Can't speak more highly of them.

I have one BBH Bamboo and it probably is one of the best fitting nappies on a newborn I have. It still isn't absorbent enough for my 6 week old (a heavy wetter) overnight though and the other thing that really bugs me about it is it takes more than 24 hours to dry if you line dry. (I guess that would not be a problem if I had more of them *grin*). Instead, I've switched to fleece pockets instead which fit better and dry in half a day (plus they don't need a cover) but they are as rare as hen's teeth to find.

Debbie Lee Guest

Kar - are you boosting the BBH for overnight?? I use an extra bamboo booster with both my BBH's and BBB's overnight otherwise they wouldn't go the distance.
    And, yep... ya need more than 1 for it to work! hehehe
    You'll find that they dry quicker as they get older too - tho with winter here, it does take longer.

kar there are instock windpro fleece pockets at the wewuns now! (i wanna try them) but they are velcro not snaps.

i love my beehinds bamboo for overnight for alana, i don't even add extra boosting usually

another one size nappy i've just ordered to try is a haute pocket from the darlings downunder site, reasonably priced also!

Deb - no have just been using the long booster. Do have some bamboo boosters but haven't tried that yet because still a bit bulky for the girl.. Will do though.

Joh - off to look now! Just ordered a drybee 'old style' fleece pocket from weewuns yesterday.

Moglie - I'll shut up now - sorry for hijacking your thread.

ickimum Guest

Default BBH's

I have been using BBH Hemp for 2 weeks now, I have 11 of them and love them, but I am going to buy some bamboo too............I love the wool covers too, My current fosterbaby looks so darn CUTE in them............ I vote yes to BBH!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I am seeing demo tomorrow ... I want to ask tips.

The bamboo still seems to smell a bit in the morning ... and the boys wet through with two boosters/inserts on - but they still feed overnight around midnight and early morning.

I have two BBH wool covers that arrived yeterday I will lanolise today and see how they go tonight if I am lucky ... with sunny windy day to dry them off.

when you say wet through, do you mean leak through to the cover or just the whole nappy is wet? if so, this is normal, the whole nappy is usually wet, you could try adding a booster in between the cover and nappy

(Since my last post I've bought another 2 BBB and a BBH)

7 week old Hester wets right through her BB Hemp and its woollen soaker (wets her sheets in bassinet type wet through) - but I'm wondering if that's because it hasn't been washed that many times yet. The BB bamboo seem more absorbent by comparison.

It would be great if someone would explain how to boost BB. Do you put the long and the short inserts in? or do you use the long and something else? Or do you put something outside?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

mine wet through to Pj's.
    I haven't used the wool covers yet - lanolising them now

Kar - i use the long booster at the front - folded for boys and the short at back. I heard same thing with BBH - hemp takes 10 washes is says on leaflet.

I am going to ask lady tomorrow about extra boostering ...

The way I do it is I snap the long booster in at the back fold it all the way out then lay the small booster in the middle of it towards the front (as alana usually sleeps on her belly) and then fold the remaning length of the long booster over top, if that makes sense? As Your baby would still be sleeping on her back, you could do the same but put the small booster inside it up towards the back as that would be where she'd end up wet

For extra boosting, put the nappy on as above but then lay an extra booster in side the cover (either at the front or back, depending on where you need it most!) and then put the cover on, doesn't make it as bulky.

Does that make sense?

TRISH: which cover were you using for them to be wetting through to Pjs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast