Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby love

Default baby love

I have just changed from huggies to baby love yesterday as they are cheaper and seem to work. HOWEVER... Coco seems to have developed some kind of rash at the top of both legs and around her waste and a bit on her bottom. I am thinking it must be the nappies. She has sensitive skin I guess as she's got such pale skin. Has anyone experienced this? I will have to go back to Huggies now...bummer.

Meg, from what I've read in some of the other nappy threads, this is quite common. Some babies' bums only like a particular brand while others don't seem to notice the difference.

I've often thought it would be a good idea to have just little sample packs for people to try before they commit to buying a pack of disposables they might or might not be able to use.

It's not even really on her bum, mainly on her poor legs. It's so red and raw.I will be soooooo angry at the nappy company if that's the cause. i'll have to take her to the Docs tomorrow if it's not improved.

I've never used that brand, but does the eleastic around the legs feel rougher to you, because it may just be chafing on her from the nappies rubbing her legs and waist.

jackson has babylove and no probs. he has extremely sensitive skin. they are a lot roomier than huggies, you are not using too big a nappy causing it to chaf are you? jackson ears huggies at night because the babylove leak on him after 5 hours or so, and sometimes he is behind a whole size in the babylove ie. wearing the 10-15kg huggies and only in the 8-12kg babylove

No problem here with Baby Love, infact they are our prefered nappy when using disposables. Could just be something in particular with Coco, or that batch. If you think it is the nappy give them a call. The do test their nappies, I got to test for them once and had to answer a lot of questions regarding how each nappy went.

Maybe they were too big! I did get the wrong size, so I'll try again when the rash is gone. It's so much better now!

colleeg Guest

yes could be the batch, although I do recall I used the on my DS when he was born and when the nappy was full it was like a heap of crystal like jelly things were left on the skin?? BUT the babylove company has a toll free number so I was going to get my money back as I had 5 packets of newborn nappies!

I think Huggies are best for absorbing and holding the fluid but price wise babylove is great.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Marisa got nappy rash from Baby Love, Elijah leaks in them. It's funny how some babies are suited to different nappies, my friend's baby gets rashes from Huggies and Baby Love work out great for her.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kam got rashes from huggies but was fine with baby love as well.

Must say though that baby love brand of pull-ups are crap.

Love

Debbie Lee Guest

Gabby's nappies leaked when we tried Babylove. I vowed never to buy them again. I don't like Snugglers either. They may be cheaper but I have to change them twice as much so they end up being just as expensive.
    We had huggies for the first few months of her life (stocked up from before she was born or given as gifts) but moved to Mamia nappies from Aldi when we started having to fork out our own money, LOL.
    Gab's never had a rash caused by the type of nappy though... so, yep... every baby is different!!

Colleen Guest

Jaykob got a shocker of a rash from the baby love nappies, Ive always gone back to the huggies and been happy , and so has jaykob! lol

baby love nappies left crystals on Logan so I got frustrated at having to always pick jelly-like crystals off his bum. Also he would get blisters on his.. balls Which really freaked me out. AND he seemed to leak a lot more. Huggies works well for him, as does the woolworths select ones, when I can afford to buy either brand (money is *very* tight atm). Otherwise I use Baby Star (from france LOL), which are $5 for 32 from a local discount store. They have a kind of plastic feel to them, but still let his skin breathe. So no more blisters.

I found Baby Love better for lack of leaks originally until I realised they were the cause of Maddy's nappy rash. We've swapped to Huggies now and it's cleared up. Oh, and Baby Love used to leave those gross crystals on her bum too.

Pity though, because they're less than half the price of Huggies. Now I just buy the boxes of Huggies when they're down from $40 to $29.95 on special.

I've never used Babylove nappies, but my friend does and no probs
    I used Huggies for the first few months with Jack with no worries except when his thighs got bigger, they were too tight, so I tried Snugglers and they leaked. And now I use the Mamia brand ones from Aldi like Debbie and they fit great and have never ever leaked.

And they are so much cheaper too. I pay $15.99 for 50 nappies. \/ \/

Debbie Lee Guest

They're great, aren't they, Alex?

I had my first leak with them overnight last night... but the amount of wee that Gabby had done would have made any nappy leak!! Unbelieveable!! Not sure what was going on there, hehehe.

I use both Huggies and Babylove, depending on which is on sale, and haven't noticed any difference in either. Both work great for DD and so far no leaks. And I've never seen the crystal things a few of you mentioned. Although, when she gets closer to the max weight that the nappies are made for, the Babylove's fit longer than the Huggies (she has chunky little thighs!).

I'm gonna have to check out the Mamia's from Aldi - do they tend to be on the roomy side or on the small side?

Debbie Lee Guest

They probably aren't as roomy as the babylove - but that's because they are fatter (more cushy) and far more absorbant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast