Thread: baby wetting thru nappy at night & waking

Default baby wetting thru nappy at night & waking

HI

Can anyone let me know what nappies they use for nights. DS (7mnths) is now in huggies at night, and every night he leaks right thru to his sleeping bag, then this wakes him up and I have to change him about 5am.. I am not sure what to do, as I am sure he is waking up cos he is so wet. Every night he is in huggies, but today I have gone and bought Woolworth Select ones, and I am thinking of putting a pad in.. he gets so wet. I do give him a dreamfeed, so this doesn’t help.. sometimes he can go back to sleep after the change, but other times he is to awake, as his whole outfit needs to be changed. Any suggestions.. how do others get thru the nights.. 2 nappies on at once maybe??

I have never had a problem with this but a friend of mine uses 2 nappies at night.

i use cloth so not totally the rite person to ask... but perhaps a disposable with a water proof cover on top, like a new fandangle PUL cover? i sorta have the same prob as my daughter is a very heavy wetter and i never know when to put on the last nappy(before or after cluster feed or dream feed????) as once shes awake thats it. The party has started, at 3am usually!!!

Hi
    Maybe buy the next size up for nighttime... that helped for me

Could you try a different brand of nappies, Maria leaks in huggies but not in the cheaper Aldi ones

maggie Guest

last night used woolies ones, and for the 1st time, no leakage, but hey he still woke at 5am,, so maybe its not the wet nappy waking him up.

Maggie... if he has been waking for a few nights at 5am due to being wet... he may have just got into a routine of waking at 5am!!!!...

They say it takes 3 nights to become a routine... so if he has been waking at night for awhile his wee body clock may still be telling him to wake even though he is not wet...

Good luck!!!

Hmmm I'd say the dream feed could be causing the wetting through.
    You could include a nappy change for that feed. Change him first then feed him back to sleep. It wouldn't be a dream feed then though would it LOL!

Have you tried to go without the dream feed. He may not actually need it...

If you don't want to try that then you could give huggies a try. When I used sposies I would use the cheaper ones during the day and huggies at night with no leaks.

Hmm...I'm with Sammi - do you think you could drop the dream feed? If you breastfeed maybe when he wakes up for the feed send in your partner if you can so your son doesn't smell your milk or think he'll get a feed, and see if your son will resettle?

Otherwise...double nappying is rather expensive...A pul cover like we use for cloth nappies would stop leaks for sure, but that doesn't mean all the wee is being absorbed - it just won't leak out! Still, if the wetness in the nappy doesn't bother him, perhaps that's a good option til he drops the dream feed?
    All the best with it!