Thread: Baby Wipes

Default Baby Wipes

Hi,

I hope this is in the right place but I wasn't sure where else to ask. Can anyone offer advice on a good baby wipe. There are so many out there, how do I know which ones are good for the baby and good value? Which ones are alcohol free?

Thanks

I don't like the huggies ones at all, they rip easily and feel alot drier than some others - I use the johnsons fragrance free (pretty sure they are alcohol free too?!) and find them to be excellent!
    When DD is at home we only use cotton balls and water for nappy changes unless it is a massive poo! Very kind to their skin and heaps cheaper too!

We use cloth wipes and for the first couple of months we just used water on them. Now we use foamy wipes wash on them but it's still much cheaper and nicer on his skin than the disposable wipes.

Amolin - gave DS nappy rash.

Chubs - okay but I didn't like the smell.

Huggies - like sandpaper, contain parabens which I didn't like.

J&J (both fragranced and unfragranced) - pretty good, often on special in those big value packs but have a tendency to ladder (ie pull 1 out in a hurry and you'll get 4). The blue packet contains parabens, pink and white packets don't.

My fave is Curash. They are thicker than J&J, I prefer the fragrance (I also use unfragranced, depends on my mood when shopping), no parabens, don't have the same tendency to ladder, usually cheaper than most other brands and when they come on special at $3.99 a packet I stock up, wipes don't come much cheaper than that unless you buy a cheapie brand. Chemists often have them at this price.

Parabens are possibly linked to some cancers - given that I always use wipes and I cannot be bothered with warm water and cotton balls, it has been my choice to avoid these particular chemicals in his wipes and other lotions and potions.

I have found the Nature Babycare to be really good. We use reusable wipes with water normally but for a really messy one or when we go out I use the Nature Babycare.

LOL I just looked at my Curash wipes out of idle curiosity and they must have changed the formulation or something because there are parabens mentioned everywhere! Never used to be.

Guess I'll use up my stash and then stick with J&J. Don't I feel a twit.

I am still pregnant with this bubs but will let you know what I did with ds 12 years ago.
    Most of the wipes available then were alcohol based (especially the ones we could get in our small isolated country town). But I didn't mind the Pigeon ones. They were quite cheap and didn't get too 'soapy' or anything. The J&J ones were quite new and too expensive for me on a single parent pension.
    At home I would use the J&J pink cream and tissues for changing bub' bum. Much gentler on his toosh plus it leaves a nice protective layer.
    This time round I am going to try sorbolene and tissues at home (sorb is much cheaper than the pink cream). I have bough the J&J fragrance free wipe to use while we are out though. Can't think of much worse than the sorb bottle leaking all through the nappy bag!

Hi, My fav is the Johnson & Johnsons Fragrance free. However Big W have just bought out a brand of premium baby wipes called Little angel. They come in a box of 6 packets of 80 for only $15.

BTW, always a good idea to buy one lot of the huggies wipes in the plastic dispenser and you can just refill it with whatever brand wipes you like.

I think Huggies are the best.. and the thickest.. but i mostly use just the coles brand ones for DS now. They do the same job.. not too dry or anything.. only thing about them is theyre not joined.. but theyre cheap.

We use Huggies here.We have tried the J&J ones both fragrenced and non. I found they dried out really fast and were way too thin. We've also used the Aldi ones in the green packet.They are very similar to J&J thickness wise. I'd suggest buying a pack of each and see what you prefer

It's either the Curash wipes (in pink packaging) or J&J fragrance free for us. DH and I found the Curash wipes in the blue packaging (think they had added Sorbelene?) to be exceptionally moist to the point of being too wet. So far DS hasn't had nappy rash.
    Andie