Thread: Bamboo boosters, can I make these out of bamboo wadding?

Default Bamboo boosters, can I make these out of bamboo wadding?

Hi Ladies,

I have purchased some MCN AIO's online & the boosters are $9.
    Spotlight sell bamboo wadding for $19 a metre and I was wondering if this could be used to make my own boosters?
    If not what material do you suggest I buy for boosters?
    Thanks

I personally wouldn't use wadding. The boosters will be washed really frequently and the wadding would probably disintergrate pretty quickly. Bamboo fleece can be bought online at heaps of stores (PM me if you want names) and is usually $20-30 a meter. I made some bamboo fleece boosters for Fred over 12 months ago and they are still going strong, and have been washed at least 5 times a week for a year.

Nope! Wouldn't touch that stuff at all for a nappy. I'm sure it's only made for quilts and isn't strong enough for the rigours of every day use I imagine and I'm not sure about it's absorbability either. You can get bamboo fleece from snapsaustralia ATM for $30 for 2m plus postage which would be about $10. All you need to do is pre wash, cut it and then overlock the edges. I've bought it from there a few times and plenty of WAHM's get it from there too I believe

It's like windcheater material. Knit on one side and fluffy on the other. For a metre you will get about 10 boosters depending on how thick or wide you make them and how wide the fabric is. I make my boosters 30x12cm and 3 layers think or a tri fold in a 30x30 square two layers think.
    Last edited by ~Raven~; July 26th, 2010 at 12:13 PM.

The bamboo fabric store has bamboo heavy fleece for $22 a metre, would this be suitable?

yes, but google snaps australia. THey have 2 metres of fleece for $30 and it's a higher quantity of bamboo.

Oooo thanks Kim

no worries babe. I really want some but can't sneak it past DH so someone else might as well benefit

Just realised I didn't say that the fleece at SA was for 2m.

Thought I'd share that you may end up paying the same postage for 2m that you would for 1m so make sure you keep that in mind where ever you decide to purchase it from. When I did the co-ops I found that 1m weighed just under 600g so too heavy for the small satchel even though it fitted ok

Check about to see if you have a local cloth user and go halves if you don't want that much yourself

Default Re: Bamboo boosters, can I make these out of bamboo wadding?

Hey Raven,
    Thanks yea I noticed it was 2m lots so I've got a friend who is going halvies with me
    Thanks again