Thread: Best brands for Terry and other flat nappies

Default Best brands for Terry and other flat nappies

Thanks for all the great information on this forum about nappies.

I think I'm going to start out with terry flats to start with. Is any particular brand better than another? Or is a terry flat a terry flat no matter where you buy them?

What about second hand ones? do they wear out?

And what about flat nappies made of other material like flannel or muslin? Anything to watch out for?

I got the terry flats (Canningvale ones), but found the flanny flats were heaps better for the newborn as they're not half as bulky. They have the blue lines down two sides of the nappy. $34.95 from Myer or DJ's. Can't remember the name....Big Softies? Yeah, I think that's it.

You can get plastic 'tie on' "pants" called .... oh crap, I can't remember. Oh yes i can... Snibs. I got mine from the chemist. They come in two sizes and are great for going over flanny flats.

Oh Shannnon- that sounds embarrassing....

Thanks for the advice too Shannon, Wardy and Chocolatecatty. Although trying to actually track down a brand name was a little futile for me in the end.

I was really starting to get desperate when I finally managed to track down possibly the last packet of terry flats in Canberra - in Target of all places.

I'm exaggerating slightly - but after tromping from one end of the city centre to the other trying at Myer, DJ's, Big W and everywhere else I could think of I was so amazed to find nowhere but Target sells terry flats in the middle of Canberra. We got the last packet on the shelf. Also bought a dozen cottonfleece as well. Not even the baby stores sell flat nappies anymore!

Now I just need to get sorted for covers. Shannon- I'd still love that knitting pattern when you get round to it.

Kar, on my flanny flats I don't bother with snappis, I just use the bat/butterfly/chinese fold and then chuck a either a wool BBH or PUL BBH cover.

Thanks Choc
    is a BBH a brand?

BBH = Baby BeeHinds. Available online

HTH.

HI Kar

I've bought some flats plus a selection of fitteds. I've got a selection of covers too that I'm aiming to use over the flannies as well as the fitteds that need covers. I think they're mainly Baby Beehinds and Bummis. I did buy a packet of snibs as that's what the hospital recommended but both my SiLs have had major poo spills with them.

Email me if you want a list of what I got from where and then I'll give you a report when I finally get to used the damned things!!!