Thread: biodegradable nappies

Default biodegradable nappies

just an inquiry for a friend who plans to use biodegradable nappies, has anyone used them? shes looking at using natures own form coles. are there any others available either from supermarkets or on line? what is the quality like? any help would be great, thanks guys!!

You can get Eenees online (just Google it). They're a biodegradable/compostable pad that sits inside a reusable cover so they're halfway between disposable & cloth.

hollya Guest

I have just started purchasing a biodegradable nappy made by BabyLove called EcoBots.

This environmentally friendly disposable nappy is the only disposable nappy endorsed by Planet Ark.

Just so you guys know, apparently these nappies are only composatble under the correct conditions (ie a high temp compost bin). Disposed of in the normal way they are only slightly better than normal disposables, and in acutal fact use about 40% more energy/land consumption to make.
    Not saying dont use them - but if they are more expensive you want to be able to justify your costs by ensuring you dispose of them in the correct way

i saw them and also biodegradeable nappybags on a site i think was called wotnot they look good and plant trees for everty back you buy
    but yeah like fi said they are only biodegradable in a certain way these ones are worm farm compostable .. i think i may get some worms for my compost bin before this bub comes along as i think there is a time and place for sposies and i dont mind using them for long car trips e.t.c.