Thread: Boosting

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Boosting

What do you guys boost with and how effective do you find it? I can't use my beehinds at night as Elijah wakes up soaked He's a big boy and doesn't really fit into the large size so I have just been using Huggies *waaaaaaah*

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I'm just using the beehinds hemp boosters. I place one between the nappy and the cover. Could fit in another, but have not had the need.

Have you thought of changing nappies? The Very Baby Simply Nights is meant to be very good.

Kel, how often have you used your Beehinds? They need a few washings before they are really absorbant. That being said, I find that Pup wets them thoroughly after 2 hrs, so I'm struggling to see how I can get a nighttime wear out of them (hence the thread on fav day and night nappies I started earlier today).

But to boost, I am using the hemp inserts that I have got from Baby Beehinds and others.

I find hemp or microfibre to be the best for boosting.
    I would look at getting another night nappy Kelly - maybe try a VBSN or try a Poochie from Naturally Mum. I was a tester for these, and they are great. Very absorbant, although they take a while to dry. The booster snaps on to the outside of the nappy, so it doesn't change the fit of the nappy.
    The other thing to try is woollen soakers at night time as they will absorb alot of wee overnight - without leaking through. As long asyou get a night time weighted wool.

Ohhhh I love my VBSN! I only have 1, wish I had more. Gotta be so quick to get one! They're really fantastic. Kynan can go for over 12 hours in it with his before bed & 1st morning feeds and it's still only just damp on the outside when I change him.

Otherwise of a night I put him in a Bubblebubs nappy boosted with a WeeWuns hemp night time trifold booster. That lasts him 12 hours easy without leaks.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I only bought them a few months ago Shannon but have been using Huggies mostly due to the problem! I find them very absorbent, they take forever to dry LOL and I did wash them the three times that they said to.

I might try something else then :-k
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

8-[ UH OH.... Your getting attacked by the nappy addiction bug!

Kelly, if you like the Baby Beehinds maybe try the new bamboo ones. I got one for Kynan recently and he wore it for the first time today. He just woke up from a long sleep and the nappy had been on for 5 hours and it still wasn't soaked. I'd only washed it 3 times beforehand too (takes about 10 washes for hemp to reach maximum absorbancy). With a little extra boosting - maybe a bamboo booster - I reckon it would last a whole night. I did notice it took quite a bit longer than the hemp one to dry though.