thread: Bumgenius 3.0 question

Add NaeNae on Facebook

Sep 2007
    South Gippsland

Question Bumgenius 3.0 question

Maybe I am a little dense, but I am one of these peole that needs very clear instrunctions when it comes to all things new.
    I got my BG 3.0 a couple o f months ago after having them on layby for ages. The 3 normal sizes are fairly self explanatory but I am worndering how the hell you fold down to the extra small size. I am just plaiying with one of them ATM so I can figure it all out easily so I can shw DH and whoever else how to work the nappies.

I cannot for the life of me get it to work - help ...

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

You just mean the smallest size? Clip it onto the lowest snaps?

(maybe i'm not understanding what you mean - I'm distracted by a noisy toddler throwing food at me at the moment!)

Apr 2007
    the Sauna

i think you fold down the front so the inner is on the outer .. and then just bring the tabs across ... do they have snaps or velcro ??

Add NaeNae on Facebook

Sep 2007
    South Gippsland

They have both snaps and velcro. When they arrive they come snapped onto the small setting but apparently they can do down smalled to an extra small size but the only way I can seem to do this is to fold down the soft velco bit towards the inside of the nappy which would put the soft velco bit on bubs tummy - surely this isn't right because the edges are a little bit siff and could scratch delicate baby skin?
    when I do fold it down like this it looks nothing like the picture but they didn't really come with setting insrtuctions either -

hopefully I have a big enough baby to just use the small setting

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

I only ever used the small setting if that helps.

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

Instead of folding it it towards the bub, fold it out away from bub. If you do that, can you find the snaps/velcro to secure it? You want to fold it down to allow the belly button to recover without being rubbed by nappy.

Add NaeNae on Facebook

Sep 2007
    South Gippsland

Arimeh - I think if I end up with a very little baby I will use sposies until it grows into these ones

Kate - when I fold it outwards one tab sticks onto the microfibre lining bit ? is that right? there is no other velcro or anything.

BTW I just have to add - theye are sooo cute, I love the sound of them, they feel soo soft and I love the new smell (won't be washing them until bubby is almost here) I got them in every colour. My BGF thinks I am mad because I get all gooey over them .

Yes I will be the preggy lady crying in Big W over the teeny tiny stuff because they are soo teeny tiny

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

oh hun I did that too, I smelled mine and played with them over and over again. In fact, I still play with my cloth nappies when I'm putting them away and folding them up. I love them.

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Ever so slowly going crazy...

Hon, I pulled mine out, and I dont think there is a way.... I know what you mean....

Harmony was a good size bub, but very skinny, and we used it on the smallest snap no worries....

Add NaeNae on Facebook

Sep 2007
    South Gippsland

PB - Yeah I am almost convinced there isn't a way either, it just bugs me that on the BG website they are clearly there in 4 sizes and now I have started wracking my brain over it I am determined to figure it out but I think you are right!!

Christy look if I was not in this situation I would swear I was mad. I acually sometimes go into the nursery and have my nanna nap on the single bed I have set up in there or just sit and look or play with the nappies stuffing them - pulling them out, folding them - god I need a life until Beanie gets here

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

ok, second idea. i looked at the BG website again. I think there are only 3 adjustments using the snaps, small, medium and large. Then you get two different inserts. The newborn insert is shorter, so won't go all the way under and around the front. The website says :
    For newborns, fold down the insert stopper for an extra-small rise
    So you put the newborn insert in (which won't reach through to front), and fold the nappy over at the front (no snaps or velcro to hold it down). it looks like you can fold it forward over the velcro at front, because you are only going to need 2 side velcros to join to fasten (not fasten the sides to the middle velcro bit).

Does that make sense?

Add NaeNae on Facebook

Sep 2007
    South Gippsland

Thats how I read it too but then what does one velcro tab stick too? I would have thought that it needed to stick to something otherwise it may ruin the nappy?

did you see the picture with the four of them? I just can't get mine looking the way they have it looking

still I have another 31 1/2 weeks to figure it out. I am just worried if I have another premmie (but later in gestation to NIki) that I will end up with nappies that fall off. Its a very very small worry not as if I am losing sleep over it.

thanks all

NNx x