thread: Buying Huggies in bulk

Jul 2008

Buying Huggies in bulk

where is the cheapest place to buy huggies in bulk, been using cheaper brands till now but im going on a 1 month holiday overseas and want good nappies in bulk

i found this store near us, are the prices cheap?
    Welcome to New Life Nappies

BRAND : Huggies Infant boy
    QUANTITY : 128pcs 4-8kg
    DESCRIPTION : Huggies ultra dry nappies
    PRICE : $50.00

Mar 2007
    outer South East Melbourne

That sounds pretty cheap. IMHO though Aldi Mamia nappies are better than Huggies.

Mar 2008
    In my own twisted little universe

Thats not bad - I normally pay $54 a box ....

Sep 2008
    Croydon, Victoria

Satya - I am so with you!! Go the aldi nappies.

Oct 2007
    Brissy

yep thats a good price!

wrt aldi nappies - they are good, but they always gave DD1 nappy rash so I stopped using them. I found snugglers better - but still not as good as huggies

Mar 2009
    N.S.W

That's a good price. We also used aldi nappies for a while but we had the same problem as sneakysparkle, they gave ds nappy rash, so we changed back to huggies.

Oct 2006
    Perth

I usually get a box of Huggies nappies when they're on special at Woolies (2 for $66) or Big W (usually around $30).

Jul 2007
    melb

Most I have paid is $45 and that was only cause desperate, generally get while on special 2 for $60 or what ever if i buy huggies but generally i buy pampers.

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2008

I think it is usually cheaper to buy the huggies nappies in bulk in those packs they sell at Woolworths but I have never seen Infant size nappies in those boxes. They have newborn and crawler, but not infant.

I think the only things to consider about going overseas and taking nappies is the baggage weight and bulk. I don't know where you are travelling to and what is available, but I usually don't pack many nappies when we travel. I buy them when I get there because the excess baggage costs more than the nappies themselves. But that has all been travel within Australia.

The other thing is that if you are going away for a month, think about whether your little boy may outgrow that nappies size while you are away. My DS put on weight steadily from when he was born and was out of infant size nappies by 2 and a half months. Crawler nappies are 6kg to 11kg and you can buy them in the boxes on special from Woolworths for $35 this week (which works out 1c cheaper per nappy) though you can often buy them for $30 on special at other places like Toys R Us, IGA, K-Mart, Big W & Coles. You just need to keep checking the catalogue.

While babies are smaller than about 7kg, the infant nappies fit them better but I have never been able to put either of my kids in the huggies nappies once they get within 1kg of the weight listed on the box - the nappies just get to small and stop holding the wee. That is probably a lot to do with body shape too.

Anyway, hope something in there helps