Thread: Cheap Nappies???

mummymeegs Guest

Default Cheap Nappies???

With my DS I always used Huggies as I thought that they were the best as far as leakage, nappy rash etc went. However, I have noticed that there are now a lot more "generic" brand nappies out there now. Aldi, Coles brand, Woolies brand, Target etc. Has any one tried any of these cheaper nappies with any success??

Aldi nappies are famous! People rave about them everywhere! they are also very cheap... $17 Im pretty sure

Yep, i use Aldi nappies for my son. I will be using them for my baby when its born too, but have bought one bulk pack of Huggies to start off with. Once that runs out though, straight over to Aldis. They are just as good. I have also used Snugglers, but the Aldi brand are a lot better. HTH.

ETA ; Danni every time I see your ticker I get excited, lol.

I have just started to use Select (Woolies own brand).......they are suiting us very well...........

mooshie Guest

aldi are great for us, sometimes i go and buy a heap of packs cause i store is out of the way for us - i don't make a special trip to get them as i can't justify the petrol cost.

anyway i use huggies at night or babylove but i use either aldi or the coles brand during the day and they are fine.

i guess its just trial and error.

mummymeegs Guest

Ok.. cool! So Aldi for day and better quality for night?? I thought I would ask before I bought them and wasted my $$!!

Aldi are excellent, I agree. Tulip, haven't Aldi started up in WA yet? They are opening more stores all the time so maybe it is just a matter of time. Their baby wipes are good too and about half the price of others.

I haven't tried any cheaper brands - used mainly Huggies and BabyLove up till this point.

We used the Big W brand Dymples, but they don't seem to be around anymore. The last lot I bought were Lullaby brand which have worked quite well. We use Huggies at night though.

ETA: Aldi is a very cheap supermarket that has come here fairly recently from Germany. They have a website, just google Aldi & see if they are in your area.

We use Teddycare nappies every now and then $10 for a decent sized pack. We've never had any dramas with leakage. They last through the night. You can get them from the warehouse or some chemists.

We have converted to Aldi (Mamia) nappies here for day and nights now!
    I was recently using Babylove for ages too, but had leaks at nightime at least twice a week recently, and we have never had a leak with the Mamia ones, so they are pretty much the only ones I use now.
    Next time I go to Bi-Lo I am going to try out their brand too... I have heard that they are apparently ok, and they are even a fair bit cheaper than Aldi ones!

I still love my Huggies but find that they do occasionally leak out the top after a long night sleep on her belly; but also that she has inherited Mummy's thighs *L* and Huggies aren't all that generous around the thigh area.

Couldn't go past the mega box of Snugglers (crawler size - 144 in the box I think) for $32 on special at Big W. I actually love these nappies; they don't leak and they're much more generous in size. If I'm being a snob, I admit I like the shape of the Huggies ones just a little more (plus they're a little thicker than the Snugglers) but I'm happy to use a combination of both. The Snugglers are very trustworthy at night with Maddy.

Would like to use BabyLove but they give Maddy nasty nappy rash; also tried the Mamia (Aldi) ones when she was a newborn and they weren't bad at all. Havent tried them since, but that's more of a mental thing as I don't really like Aldi to shop at, and it's so easy to grab my Huggies or Snugglers in at Woolies while I'm doing my weekly food shop.

Ambah......Bi-Lo nappies are great! I buy them if I am shopping at Bi-Lo, which isn't often (we have a couple of Bi-Lo locally but they are grotty and small, so I only go if we are on a HUGE economy drive, LOL,) but I SHOULD make an effort, because I find their nappies REALLY good....and SO cheap....)

Thanks for the tip on Bi-Lo nappies, Lucy. Will look out for them and give them a try.

We use cloth nappies during the day and disposables at night. We were using Baby love, but am also an Aldi Mammia convert. They're great. My DD slept for 11 hours last night and the nappy was soaked but no leakage.... Great for her number 2's too...