Thread: Cloth breastpads?

Default Cloth breastpads?

I know it's not nappies... but figured cloth nappy-ers would use cloth breastpads

Does anyone use them? If so, can you recommend some? Just wondering how they go on the soaking through front, coz at the moment I'm using disposables with waterproof backing (bad I know) but at least I know it won't soak through! I have the occassional deluge of a letdown when bub cries

Thanks

Stay away from Nuk, they really give the flying saucer look. I suppose though they are fine at home. Next time I am going to get some hemp and wool ones. I save the disposables for when I am out.

I have some Avent ones (they're just cotton) and I find them really comfortable, but I found for the first month or so the disposable ones were less likely to leak (they still did sometimes!). Now I still need them but not quite as much IYKWIM, so the cloth ones are great

I agree with Fenella, the Avent ones are great, plus they come in a laundry bag for when you wash them.

mrsblud Guest

Hemp ones are the best! Now where to get them. I know Flutterbubs are getting them in soon - but I don't know anywhere else that sells them. A friend of mine sells cloth ones (not hemp - but she just bought some hemp off me so will be soon) - check ebay as she sells on there.

I used Avent cloth & the coles homebrand ones I think they were???
    BUt havent used any fora while now....

Hmmm those Avent ones sound really good.

My mum made some for me which are good when the leaking is light. Y'know I could have made them myself and even experiemented with nylon backings to make them more leak proof. In the meantime I think I'll give those Avent ones a go... it's a good brand in everything else I've tried.

I've got the avent washable ones. Very comfy!

I've got Avent ones, and they are OK, but really dont soak up much on a big flooding, plus they slip in my sprts bra - thus nogood when playing netball!
    I also have ImseVimse (I think thats the spelling) and they are really nice now that they are washed 1000 times. They are flannel, and again, good for in between feeds, but on a heavy letdown will leak.
    I have some merino wool ones which need to be lanolised, and when my nipples were sore in the first 2 months, these were wonderful!!
    I also have some from Snazzipants that are microfleece, and while they are bulky, they were sensational for catching letdown. And soooooo comfy. Definitly my favourite. They almost used to go overnight too. They dont leak through the outer shell, but instead fill up, then sort of backflow back to the skin, and wick around the outside if that makes sense. So no telltale spots!
    I always used a facewasher on the other side while feeding to cope with letdown, no breast pad would do it. Its only now that they are working during feeding.
    I have used 2 disposable pads in this last eyar - I'm very proud

What about LilyPadz? I'm going to try them with the next bub. They stop leaks rather than absorbing them and they stick to you rather than your bra. They're reusable - just rinse them in water and they're ready to use again.

I dont know about them Angel I know that they are recommended and stuff, but it just seems like you are stopping a natural process if that makes sense?
    I think we are supposed to let down and leak everywhere - a bit like tamponsvs pads I guess.

Next bubs I will be getting the Avent nipple milk catcher things, as I think it will help me build up EBM in the first few weeks.