Thread: Cloth Training Pants

Default Cloth Training Pants

Well, we are tossing up whether to start training Tallon. There's been a few times when he's told us he's doing/done (not sure which yet) a poo or wee, and I've thought.. I should just sit him on the loo! But I can't be stuffed taking his nappy off LOL.

So.. just wondering what cloth training pants are like. Are they similar absorbency to normal nappies.. just that they go on and off like undies? Or are they less absorbent?

Any recommendations which to get?

TIA

Hi Liz,
    I bought a heap of the terry toweling type training pants from best and less and they are nothing special just a bit thicker then undies and dont stop ay wees escaping lol, they are a a different shape then undies more higher waisted and in the leg but go on and off the same but i found cause they were higher etc he struggled getting them down quick enough

I tried the babylove training pants but he just used them as a nappy, he was very stubborn. He started telling me when he was going etc but never wanted to do anything about it, so i decided to just bite the bullet, bought him a cool musical potty that sings songs when he goes etc and stopped putting nappies on him and bought some good carpet cleaner and we just asked him if he needed to do wees every 10- 15 mins or so!! The first week or 2 was a bit bad like every second wee was on the floor or in his pants but he got better and now he even sleeps without nappies!!
    Tallon is alot younger than Rylan he turned 3 in August and wasnt trained until November so dont be discouraged if it doesnt happen especially with Kayla around it may take even longer! Everybody told me not to expect much as their boys didnt start till they were between 2 and 3.
    Good luck you may be an exception

Thanks rylansmum. I was going to bump this thread as I thought no one had seen it! hehe.

We bought him the training seat for the loo the other day so that he can climb up himself, and now he wants to go all the time.. and now I'm holding him back coz we're going away for a weekend in a couple of weeks and it'll be easier to have him in nappies LOL.

But he's telling me all the time about wees and poos in his nappy (after the fact tho), so I think he's ready to at least start. I won't hold my breath on how quickly it'll happen tho hehe.