Thread: Coupling MCN and disposables

Default Coupling MCN and disposables

Just interested also to know how many disposables of each size you would buy- I am planning on going cloth but using disposables for outings & more difficult times. Not sure whether to buy bulk on the newborn disposables, or just have a smaller pack to use?

I know you would get more value for your money with a bulk box but you may run the risk of bub growing out of them before you finish the box IYKWIM.
    I was given 3/4 of a box of newborn huggies from a friend due to this reason. But that was many years ago and now there is ebay which seems to have a good market for sposies. You could sell off what you don't use.

Maybe instead of stocking up you could just buy them as you need them.

i think you could safely get by with one box of NB disposables, then maybe a box of each size? i'm not sure.....

Its hard with the NB size - you don't know how big your baby's going to be - s/he might outgrow them really quickly (?) Having said that, I used sposies pretty much full time for ages (even though I had intended to use cloth... I got lazy ) and goodness me, you go through them!

hi, i had 2 boxes of huggies NB and i had a 4.3 kilos bub.. oops.. i had way to many nappies lefy over and ended up giving a box to my cousin who is due in June..

I only used sposies in hospital, so got through quite a lot in 10 days! I slowly switched to full time cloth over a month... I used maybe 100 nappies. I didn't get newborn ones, I got the next size up, which can be used on newborns, and I still have about 20 left in case of emergency (ie DS poos his way through more than 20 nappies in 3 hours and I don't have any clean cloths left!). TBH, I find cloth easier than disposable - no sticky things to stick to DS if I forget to fold them over, no dashing to the shops becauseI forgot to buy the nappies in and you can tell exactly how much waste your child produces.

tangotanya Guest

my dd fitted into nb size for less than a week lol..4.7kg baby

so get minimal bacause u never know..

I did the same thing, only used disposables when we were out and I didn't buy them in bulk, I had some I was given at my baby shower and then I just brought them as I needed them.