Thread: Cushie Tushie Nappies

Default Cushie Tushie Nappies

I am just after some reviews on Cushie Tushie nappies, I am in the process of building my stash for bubs, and wondered if these nappies are any good, I have heard mixed reviews on them- so would love to hear your experiences.

Hi ali, Im a bit soso about cushie tushies, I love the look of them, the designs etc, I started off badly I think by buying 2 second hand ones which were VERY secon hand, if you get me, they are pretty much useless, leak as soon as J does one wee, I bought another couple almost brand new ones and theyre ok, as long as I boost them with extra, cant use overnight though and I find J gets nappy rash on his thighs from the wider crotch area (same thing with BBH magicalls) most of my stash is Ittibittis, I use all of those first and keep the CTs for when Im washing the others!

CT's aren't my favourites and I got rid of mine a long time ago. They just didn't work us here, not absorbent enough, and the quality just wasn't the same as what you would get from a WAHM here in Aus (they are manufactured overseas in a factory). They are also too wide for us, plus the OSFM didn't really apply, as if the kids have chicken legs (like mine) you just can't get a good fit on them without leaks.

For a OSFM, I prefer something like a Dragonfly Magik.

I bought some new when they were on special. They look funky, and i use them when we are staying home or just before a bath, but i'm not going to buy anymore. They are not very absorbent and her pants often feel wet. The fold down bit for newborns doesn't really work either cos it unfolds and makes the leg gap bigger. So, i reckon look at a different brand or only get one to try it.

i sold all of mine, hated them

Not a fan myself - I just found they leaked consistently after about 1 hour - I think there was a wicking problem. Steer clear would be my advice - or borrow one (if you know mcn users IRL) and trial it before you buy!

I wouldn't get them!! Terrible quality. All the elastic went in mine really quickly so now pee just runs out the sides. I have chucked some in the bin and some others are only for emergencies like if we have NO nappies dry and it's only for a short time or something!

Last resort nappy here too. elastic and absorbancy were c**p and leaked like you wouldn't believe. I refuse to buy them again.

On the flip side... I quite like them! I have had no problems with them at all, none of mine have leaked and or have problems with the elastic or the PUL. I have been using them for about 6 months now with no issues.

The fit for DS is fine as well, yes a little wider but so far it hasnt been a problem. I also got some of the ones which were a smaller cut that they had on sale a while back (much prefer the fit of the smaller cut ones) and I have had no problems with them either

I actually really like Cushie Tushies. I have had no problems with mine. They actually work really well on DD2 and I often find that they're the nappies that I use first for her. We've had no leaks or anything. We've been using them on her for about a year now, she was about 8mths when we got them. I've never used them overnight though but I do for her day sleeps. I would recommend getting one or two and trying them. They're on sale at the moment.

I have a newborn daughter as well but have never used them on her, I think that at the moment they would be miles too big on her and leak.

I have thrown most of mine out as the elastic went on them and they went hard...I have 2 here at the moment but they are a last resort..I personally love Green kids Nappies and Mini haha..

Thanks so much for the replies everyone- it has been really useful!