Thread: Disposable Liners

sophabulous Guest

Default Disposable Liners

Does anyone use disposable liners with their cloth nappies?

Which ones are recommended? I've seen the Eenee flushable nappy liners which look ok, but not sure of other enviro friendly disposable liners out there?

I've just started trying these (using the eenees at the moment, because that's all the shop had in stock, but will probably go with a cheaper brand if we decide to keep using them). They're not bad, but they do make getting the nappy ready just that bit less convenient, and if the nappy is only wet it seems like a bit of a waste of effort to me. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has used them too

We used the eenees ones for a while when we were going out (not at home as we have a septic tank) but we don't bother using them anymore. Kynan always wears his swaddlebees pockets when we're out and as they're fully lined with fleece any poo just rolls right off and into the loo. Be a different thing with runny newborn poo though - that would just soak right through any liner I think.

I used eenees when Olivia was a newborn.......(she was a cloth baby in Darwin): they were hopeless as the newborn BF poo just leaked straight through........

Oh, I was looking at those eenee liners. (They're the only ones I've seen too.) If they're no good for newborns, what do people suggest using?

Amy, depends what you're expecting the liner to do. If you want a liner for easier poo removal then I don't think anything's going to work with runny newborn poo. That stuff is so liquid that it's pretty much absorbed right into the nappy (if you use cloth it'll just wash right out. Easy!). If it's to keep bub dry... well I'm not really sure about what sort of disp. liners work best for that. We use reusable microfleece liners which work brilliantly. I just got a big piece of microfleece and cut liners out to fit his nappies. HTH.

sophabulous Guest

Thanks for that angel. Yep, I was going to use liners to make poo removal easier (and hence dispose of the liner) but if newborn poo won't be held in by anything... looks like I won't need them for a while!!