Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disposable Nappies

Taia's Mum Guest

Question Disposable Nappies

Hi Everyone!

This might sound like a strange question (I'm a first time mum to be!) but I'm starting to stock up on nappies and nappy rash cream - just wondering if there's a big difference between brands - any in particular to stay away from?

Thought I might stock up while I'm still working!

Natty

Personally I wouldn't stock up too much on one type untill you know if it suits your bubba. Maybe just a box or 2. Also they can have sudden growth spurts and can be too big all of a sudden when you're half way through a box. Keep your receipts JIC you have any unopened boxes so you can exchange for the next size up.
    I've found snugglers to be quite good for the price, though the last lot I got leaked quite a bit at the sides. Don't know if that is an issue now as they have changed them bit.
    I've used most of them from time to time and not really found there to be many differences except for things like the grip tabs instead of sticky ones.

We use Huggies for nighttime & mostly a combination of Cozy Fit & Lullaby for daytimes. It's a combination for daytimes as we get seconds nappies from a warehouse near here, they are very cheap & we've not had a problem yet.

I found Snugglers not so good, they leaked a lot for us. I also know that most of the boy mums fro my mum's group had the same problem, but the girl mums thought they were fine.

spreckemily Guest

I found Babylove and snugglers a waste of time for my little boy. They may be more expensive, but the best I have found are huggies. Especially the boys ones!!! Brilliant!!!

Huggies seem to be the best, or Aldi, Though i have not used Aldi on Charlotte. but anything else gave Madison bad nappy rash.

Huggies are a great fit, especially for newborns.

I actually use the coles brand, they are exactly like huggies, but a little less expensive. I tried every brand you can think of too.... but snugglers are the worst for my DS coz he wets straight through them.

Huggies for me too although a girl at mother's group said the new Woolies Select are as good as Huggies.

We get huggies whenever they are on special and then they arn't much different in price to the other brands, so we figure we may as well get the ones that we found work the best for Stewart. I think someone should make up a sampler box of nappies for new mums!! Cause I think we all go through the same thing.

Baby love here, fit Maggie better than Huggies and are quite econimical if bought from Big W. Have tried the new Coles nappies and they seem to work well also.

I can only use huggies on my daughter, as she is so small. Babylove gave her a bad rash. I've used the coles ones (not the new ultra blue/pink ones, they are just like babylove) and they are great, also havent had a prob with homebrand ones. Going to try aldi next, heard good things about them...

When babies are doing the tarry poo's i always found coating their bum in bepanthen every bum change is good, easier to clean off. sudocream and bepanthen are both good for nappy rashes...

Taia's Mum Guest

Thanks for all the advice! I wouldn't have thought of getting the coles brand ones over other brands! Will have to give them a try! Have found the cost of huggies (the newborn ones) just a bit too much for my budget!
    Thanks again guys!

What i used to do was just buy one pack a fortnight when i did my shopping. (the huggies ones, the smallest pack which is about $14 if i remember?) Then it doesnt seem so bad, and when you get home from hossy, you will have a great stash. I also stocked up on dummies, wipes and other bits and pieces (the safeway/woolies wipes in a box are great - i think they are called select?? Its $20 for a box, and you get 6 packets inside. Works out pretty good, much cheaper than the huggies wipes)

HTH

I bought a box of Baby love for Isla & I am not impressed. They ar emuch smaller & leak & the gel crystals are every were!
    Simone, funny you should mention a rash, Isla seems to have rash, I wonder if its the babylove nappys? I use the bigger ones on Glenn with out an problem but the little ones on isla have been a big flop!
    I will go back tot he Aldi ones.

As soon as i use a baby love on Anneliese, she break out. Within less than 1 hour. The new coles ones do the same. As soon as i put a cloth nappy or a huggies back on here, its disappears again...

Anneliese is still to small for the aldi ones, we've only just gotten out of the huggies newborns and into the 4-8kg. My princess is very slowly getting bigger...

I found that the Newborn Aldi size is the same as the Infant Huggies size. You may like to give them try Simone. At least she will grow into them if she isn't ready yet.
    I think that is just so adorable that she is 6 months (BOY time flys!) and just out of newborn size. So cute!

What size are they FJ?? the 5-11kg packs?? Thats they smallest size i've been in my aldi. Might have to give them a go, normally i dont spend too much on nappies (anneliese spends most of her time in cloth flats) but since i broke my wrist i've found it hard to keep up and he's been in sposies full time. Costing me a fortune...

No there is a size below that. they are yellow, hard to pick the difference in the pack colour but have a close look. Let me know if you can't find them. I will grab a bag from my Aldi's & mail them to you if you like. Or just ask at your Aldi's if they stock the smallest size.
    Last edited by *Efjay*; January 2nd, 2007 at 02:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast