Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disposables...

Default Disposables...

Hi to all. Just wondering roughly how many disposable nappies you would go through in a day with a newborn??? Also, which brands you would recommend and why???

They usually say between 6-8 per day. As for what brand it really is up to the individual, some brands you may find leak to much where as on another baby they may be fine, and another brand may cause your baby to have a rash where as for someone else they have no problem.

In then end I ended up using baby love and now Coles Brand for disposable nappies. Snugglers leaked and Huggies irritated my first born, but like I said each baby is unique.

Love

We used huggies. Don't know much about other brands. Didn't look into it as the long term plan was to go cloth.

As for how many.. I heard up to about 12 per day for new newborns. Depends how often they feed I guess. If it's on average every 3 hours, that's about 8 nappy changes. BUT.. I found myself changing him a few times at some nappy changes.. coz he'd poo straight away, or he'd wee all over everything as I was putting a clean one on. I didn't really know what I was doing LOL so I probably went through more than was really necessary.

Kell Guest

I used about 8-12 a day with Will, he too would poop as soon as he had a fresh nappy on LOL. At first I used Huggies, and found them great then as he got older i have switched to Aldi nappies (cheaper ) and they are fine. I didnt like the babylove ones, they dont seem to fit Will properly. I do like Snugglers too...

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma went through abour 7-10 a day.We started using huggies and babylove found them both great. As Gemma has gotten older though huggies irritate her and give her a mild rash so we now use snugglers.

Mackenzie went thru about 8-10 nappies a day, we used huggies, however I have heard good reports about Aldi brand nappies. A friend of mine uses Babylove during the day and huggies at night (huggies are good for when they sleep thru - they absorb really well). It also depends on the fit, you many find as kell said the baby love didn't fit her baby well.

Sammy would use on average about 8 a day. We use huggies.

Jo

Sal Guest

Hmmm interesting thread...I use Huggies but am getting sick of them as Miles seems to pee out the top right side of them, no matter how I or DH put them on. Is very frustrating having to change all the bedding and his clothes several times a day! Have just bought some Baby Love, will see how they go. May try Snugglers too. Oh, as a newborn Miles went through about 8 a day (one at each feed, perhaps an extra one a day for a poo).

Sal Guest

Mmmm Baby Love don't work for Miles. Will next try Aldi brand...

Huggies and BabyLove have been great with WM. We used disposables exclusively when he was first born as it made life a lot easier. He was using on average about eight to ten a day (depending on the poo issue). Now we use them mainly at night as the old terry flats aren't good for long stretches.

When you find a brand you like, it may help to check out a discount nappy supply place. There are a few on the web so you can see if it will offer you any kind of saving to purchase them that way.

Sal - I have also heard that the Aldi brand are a good buy. Haven't tried them yet though.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

has anyone used Aldi's -we bought a 56 packet to try (in 5 weeks) ... with two won't take us long to use them up if they are duds !

Haven't used Aldi...sorry

Matilda went through around 10 nappies a day for the first few weeks, but we bought heaps of huggies & they always leaked for her. So we used Baby Love and a chemists cheap brand & they worked better for her. This time around I have bought 3 different smaller packs of newborn nappies to see what fits this baby. Matilda was in newborn nappies for only 3 weeks so I won't buy anymore because it will be time to go into the next size...

I use Aldi nappies with both my boys and haven't got a single complaint, they're just as good if not better than Huggies.

OP - a newborn would probably go through about 6 - 10 nappies per day

Trish, we love Aldi nappies. They are so cheap but great quality. 100 nappies (2 x 50 bags) were $32 this morning, which is there regular price. Their wipes are great too.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

thanks we bought some 3-6kg to try

Sal Guest

ooh will have to get to Aldi to try some of their nappies. If they don't leak more than the Huggies, I am sold!

With my previous babies I'd go through 10-12 within a 24hr period...ie not just "day" but one or two night changes as well, especially when newborn.

We discovered Aldi nappies about 6 months into my second child's life... wish it'd been earlier! I agree, they are just as good as Huggies. I also use fabric nappies during the day because, yes, that frustrating scenario of having just changed a newborn and then having it squirt another poo seconds later is also easier to deal with cost-wise with fabric nappies. Disposables are better at night though, especially being quicker therefore less likely to fully wake bubs.

Debbie Lee Guest

I agree... the nappies from Aldi (Mamia) are as good as huggies IMO. But cheaper!!
    We've switched to cloth (best thing I ever did!) but I still buy the Mamia nappies for the odd occasion when we need a sposie. I wouldn't bother with snugglers or baby love with a newborn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast