Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disposables - what's your favourite brand?

Debbie Lee Guest

Default Disposables - what's your favourite brand?

Ok... plenty of talk about cloth nappies. What about the disposables.
    Which brands are the best in your view? Which ones are most cost effective?

At the moment, I am using the Mamia brand from Aldi. I personally think they are as good as Huggies but are far cheaper. I buy a pack of 56 nappies for $16 so they work out to be under 30 cents per nappy. Gabby doesn't leak at night and I have yet to have a blow-out while she is wearing them.

I would say that Huggies are the best IMO, but because they are so expensive its hard to say that they are my favourites
    I switched to Babylove a couple of months ago and havent looked back. They have been fine with no leaks at all, but as Aidyn is older now he doesnt wee as much in his sleep anymore, so I'm not sure how they would fare on a younger baby...
    I wish I had an Aldi near me!

I buy Huggies for Alex and always seem to need more when they go on special at $30 if not i would by a different brand.
    I use Coles own on Kimberley but she is now only in nappies for sleeping which i am so hoping she will stop needing them soon.

I use huggies for both of my boys because they get really bad nappy rash with all of the other brands i have tried,I'm not sure why,
    It is really expensive having 2 in huggies, Nick is on his way to being fully toilet trained during the day which will be a relief and it will save alot of money.
    It costs us $80 per fortnight for nappies ](*,)

I use Huggies for Sammy as I have found that other ones have leaked and been wet all up his little back. Maybe when hes a little bit older we might try other brands again but for now I will stick with what I know is working.

Jo

i recently tried the coles brand of nappies and they are great, havent had one leakage or blowout yet. in comparison to huggies 90 box they work out $10 cheaper.

Melinda Guest

We used Huggies on Jacob when he was a newborn.

At around 2.5 - 3m of age, when he was sleeping through the night, we decided to only use Huggies at night time, and to use Snugglers during the day which are much cheaper. There has been the odd occasion where the Snugglers ones have leaked, but not very often and I can't say that it's happened for a while. So we are still doing this - Snugglers by day, Huggies by night. We try to buy the nappies in bulk, and whenever they are on sale.

cazoraz Guest

We use Baby Love. I ofund the newborn ones to be pretty crap so stuck with Huggies til Cole was big enough for the next size (which only took 2wks anyway!) then switched back to Baby Love. Heaps cheaper, rarely leaks, I get a big box of 112 crawler size from Big W for about $30.

xxxCaz

We use Huggies for the moment. We tried Snugglers but had bad bad leaks with them. We also tried the Aldi ones & I didn't like them. I've been told the Big W brand (Little Wishes I think) are really good so I'm trying them next.

Debbie Lee Guest

I've heard that about the Big W brands too, Sarah. I'd give them a go if the closest Big W wasn't a 45 minute drive away, LOL. What didn't you like about the Mamia ones? Maybe they are different for boys vs. girls... perhaps? I always wondered because they are unisex... maybe huggies are better for boys?

There's also a brand called "Joeys" that are supposed to be good. We have a store here in Geelong called "Nappy Land" - it sells nappies and stuff in bulk. I've heard that the huggies aren't much cheaper there but the Joeys brand are meant to be good. I might grab some when I am out that end of town and give them a go (if they are cheaper than the Aldi ones, that is).

All my talk about cloth and poor Matty is on disposables until I can organise myself and get them..

ATM we use Aldi brand, there are 2 different type at my Aldi and we use the Mamia brand. (also their wipes are good)

I also use Safeway Homebrand and they are excellent, no leaks or anything like that.

I was using Big W's brand - Dymples, but for some reason he started leaking through them, will give the next size up a go though.

BabyLove, Sungglers and VIPS we have tried and didn't like one bit.

Debbie Lee Guest

Nell - I like the Mamia wipes too. I bought a pack last week just to try and they aren't too bad. Not sure what the comparison of the price btwn those and huggies are tho. I will have to research.
    I didn't like the baby love nappies either. Waaaay too many leaks. I didn't mind the snugglers but I didn't like how they were so thin. The huggies and mamia nappies just feel more cushy and soft imo.

Favourite brand of disposable for me is Coles brand as a matter of fact

Love

We dont use many sposies here, so I can afford to buy Huggies when we need them. I dont think I have used a sposie for 2 weeks! 8-[

Anyway - I've tried babylove when Jenna was a newborn (alternating one day cloth, one day sposies) and I hated them. They left gel crystals all over her butt, and not nice for a newborn to have that. Had a blowout from them too.

Huggies I find are good, but they leave a rash on her legs from the legband. So I end up having to but butt balm on her legs as well as her butt!

I have also used Treasures nappies in NZ while we were there, and didnt like them either. Very papery....

Haven't tried any other sorts!

They weren't the Mamia ones Deb they were the other Aldi brand, but I don't remember the name #-o They just seemed very thin.

Ok so we went shopping yesterday & I got the Big W (which were Dymples, the wipes are Little Wishes) and they seem ok so far. I'm only using them of a day & the Huggies of a night still. Even if I have to use 1 or 2 more during the day I figure it's still cheaper - $23.80 for 100 Dymples compared to $38.95 for 90 Huggies. It works out to be about a 20c saving per nappy!

Will keep you updated on how they go.

Debbie Lee Guest

That's a fantastic price, Sarah!

Yes... I have heard the other Aldi's nappies are very cheap and nasty.

Has anyone tried the new Woolworths brand that has come out? I have only seen it on the shelves in the past couple of weeks (is it called Little Wishes?) I want to try them, but whenever I go shopping BabyLove napies are on sale, which makes them cheaper than the Woolies ones...

Might have to try the Dymples ones from Big W as well....

Ambah I thought Little Wishes were the nappies as well but they're only the wipes - found out yesterday!! We bought the Dymples nappies which is the Big W brand - they make clothes as well. As for the Little Wishes wipes they seem pretty thick like the Huggies, but we haven't really used them yet.

The Little Wishes wipes are pretty cheap as well - $18 for 480 (they're in 6 little packets) compared with Huggies $16 for 240 - saving 3c per wipe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast