Thread: do you do this with your Little Squirt (LS)

Default do you do this with your Little Squirt (LS)

Ok week 1 of little squirt. ANd i find to not get spray everywhere.. i have to lay the insert or nappy against the inside of the bowl!

DD has been doing the worst green-black poos the past few days (which i am hoping wont stain) and the only way to get as much off as i can is it lay against the toliet bowl

is that grose??

is there another way?

i dont think thats gross considering your gonna wash the nappy.. i have my nappy as farinto the toilet as i can.. i find the closer the hose is to the nappy the less spray back too as well as not pushing the trigger in quite all the way and having more controll over the flow..
    hth

i have it very close noni ! lol Almost touching the nappy ....

i have heard people sometimes flush on their nappies... so i figured it should be ok.
    We rarely use this toliet for anything other than nappy cleaning

yeah the old fasioned way was to stick the nappy in the toilet and shake it while u flush it.. i find that just puts crap everywhere quite litterally lol..
    i think its fine as long as u keep your toilet clean i mean crap is crap lol...

I have found the same thing!
    i ended up with a charming spray of poo on my leg
    I was wondering if we may have too much pressure in the pipe?
    But yes it is a pain and i am in a similar situation and yes it seems a bit gross and im not sure if thats how it should work. How do you stop the spray going everywhere with poo in it!
    Im sorry im not much help but just wanted to say i have the same problem.

I hold the nappy just above the water, inside out and I spray the poo off, then run the nappy under cold water and rub the nappy together till it's "clean" (old fashioned elbow grease. ) then I pop the nappy in the bucket with the other wet nappies and I've never had a stain, ever.

Girls,

Is it worth buying a Little Squirt? And if so, where is the cheapest place to buy one? DH and I thought we could just take the nappy outside and hose it down each time onto the grass but now i'm thinking i dont wanna do that.......
    (sorry to butt in!)

TIA

Renstar, In my opinion, with a newborn, and especially if you plan on more children, it would be worth it. Some babies have quite firm poos once they start on solids, but my DD still has "creamy textured" ones, so they don't just roll off into the toilet.

Aimz74, if there is too much pressure, you could try turning down the tap on yiour toilet. It means it will take a little longer to fill the cistern after flushing, but I can't imagine that being a problem.

Saša

Ren- def worth buying a LS.. a few nappy places online sell them.. well worth the money.. if you can try ebay.

They are aroun $70-$80 mark.

PP- i do the same thing and to stop getting splashed in the face i kinda put the lid down to cover it.

Thanks girls for the tips! I got my Little Squirt the other day in the mail!! Ordered it off ebay for $70. Waiting for Dh to fit it to the toilet now

ahh i was a bit behind.. lol didnt even read the post date

it is so easy to install. I actually did it myself. couldn't wait for dh to come home, then procrastinate for ages... impatient? me? NEVER!

Saša

Thanks Beatrix i finally got around to buying one hehe

Sunshine - yeah i should just do it myself! I'm impatient too.....just dont wanna spray myself with loo water although i'm sure poo water will be coming my way anyway haha when bubs arrives

Don't worry, no poo water will be spraying at you. If anything it will be fresh water from the supply line. I haven't gotten sprayed with poo water yet either....
    Just one tip. If the supplied hose is too short, they tell you you can send it back with return postage and they will then send you a free longer hose. Well, being impatient, this was not what I wanted to do. So I headed to bunnings to get a longer hose which cost 7 bucks. It still wasn't quite long enough, though and I realised I could actually use my original hose!!!
    Not sure if that makes sense to you. I might once you start installing.

Saša