Thread: Driving me batty! Pleeeeez help

Sal Guest

Question Driving me batty! Pleeeeez help

Miles' nappies almost always leak out. I use Huggies, but have tried Baby Love and they both do it. I would put it down to technique, but it happens when either me or DH puts them on. And it is ALWAYS in the same spot, on his right hand side at the top of the nappy (sort of where there is not the absorbancy part of the nappy IYKWIM).

Arrrggggghhhh! What is going on, it is extremely frustrating having to change Miles several times a day as well as change and wash all his bedding. I change his nappy when he wakes up in the morning, when he does a poo, when he has a bottle, so about 6 nappies a day, it's not like I'm leaving them on til they burst, though Miles is a big wee-er.

Any suggestions?!?!

Does he sleep on his tummy?
    Indah sleeps on her tummy & if DH has put a sposie on her b4 bed she ALWAYS leaks at the front/top....
    I only use Clloth & bulk it up at the front a bit more for when she sleeps on tummy...
    I am not sure what to do in a sposie though!???

Sorry I was of no help at all hey!!!

mooshie Guest

i had exactly the same thing happen with my son, thankfully he grew out of it.

this is what i used to do. first make sure his willy is pointing down lol

then i used to put on a disposable and then a cloth nappy wrapped around it or i would get some of those cloth nappy covers (like pilchers not plastic but material) and i would put that over the disposable.

i really only ever found that the problem happened when he slept but in a few months he grew out of it.

good luck

Sal Guest

Tracey he sleeps on his back!

Michelle, that sounds exactly like what is happening with Miles. I make sure his little man is pointing south LOL. Yep only happens when he sleeps. Man I hope he grows out of it!

Sal Guest

Thanks Theresa, I will look into trying them out.

We get those 'Nappy Helpers' and they do help. I find Aldi the best absorption and while this may sound silly, we put a cover over the disposable and this helps too. ATM I am ordering a Very Simply Baby Night cloth nappy from the USA to combat night wetness for good! I have heard they are the best in the business!

Sal Guest

Ooh, will look into those, too. What cover do/did you use?

Sal WM's used to leak in the same spot when he was newborn (all over his back). Like you I thought it was my technique. Funnily enough, when we went to the next size nappy, it stopped. Is he in Huggies Infants still? I've noticed Crawler size are slightly bigger. Not sure if that will help though.

Sal Guest

Mel, yep Miles did stay in newborn too long LOL I finally figured that one out! But he's already out of Infants as he's about 8.5kg. He's in crawlers, they should be lasting him for many months to come but DH and I are wondering whether he needs to go up a size again?! Toddler size are pricey, especially in Huggies. Will look into Aldi, nappy covers and that cloth nappy Janelle mentioned.

Hey Sal,
    My little girl leaks a fair bit too - and the huggies always explode gel on her. So I'm giving modern cloth a go!!

tiggy Guest

Sal,
    That happens with Noah too.
    Someone suggested buying some el cheapos, putting one of those on, after cuttiing a couple of times through it, then putting the expensive one over the top. She said it worked really well and wasn't too expensive cos it was only for sleep time.
    Must say, I haven't tried it yet though.

I had a terrible time with Huggies leaking everywhere with Tallon in the first month. I was glad when he fitted the cloth nappies I bought! Haven't had a problem since and the nappy is VERY wet in the mornings now that he sleeps longer.

I had that same problem with disposables, with my first son. It turned out that he was kind of between nappy sizes. Once he grew a bit more, it stopped happening.

Sal, I am the one putting the VBSN order in for some of the girls. I am submitting the order on Sunday, so if you would like to jump in, feel free. Let me know what you would like and I'll stick it on. Have a look at the site which is TallulahBaby (use all the web stuff) or I can PM you the link. We are putting in a bulk order, so that we can save on postage (for the price of one nappy, the postage is nearly the nappy cost again...we figured that for the postage price, we should try and get more nappies).

However, I also use flannys during the day and I use the BeBe inserts in them. You can get them at most supermarkets. They are in a yellow packet and you get 20 for the price of about $5. As someone above mentioned, they are like pads, but have no plastic backing. I get more time out of the cloth flannys by using these.

Pup is 8.7kg atm and he is still in crawlers (Huggies) for night time only. So if Miles is 8.5kg, I don't reckon it is the sizing that is the problem. That being said, I have 2 leaks in Huggies in the past 4 nights. Hence wqhy I am heading towards cloth 24/7 (ie the VBSN).

Sal Guest

Hayseed have just PM'd you, would love to be part of the order!

#karen# Guest

Sal - was wondering how it was going. I am having this exact same problem.

Sal Guest

Hi Karen, well I changed from Huggies nappies to Aldi nappies and the problem seems to have fixed itself! Go figure, going from the priciest nappy to a more budget one that actually holds more wee and is a better fit for my bub

I haven't tried the cloth nappies that I ordered in, actually haven't got them yet. I think DH will want me to sell them LOL

Oooh your VBSN is on it's way!!!!