Thread: EC success at first try...so pleased!

Talking EC success at first try...so pleased!

Hi all,

Perhaps this belongs in the woo-hoo room too!

Our wonderful little boy is 11 days old now and we tried our first shot at EC today and it worked!!!

I made this thread a while ago...

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=27841

....if you need to get up to speed.

In hall honesty, we could have tried it a few days ago as he started to get into some kind of pattern with his poops that I could read but for the 1st week of his life it was so random I thought it really wasn't worth trying then.

I'd just fed him and he was a little fussy and squirmy and twisting around a bit so I thought I'd try- I held him over the basin with his onesie rolled up and nothing on the bottom and made little grunty noises and within 2-3 seconds he wee-ed and then a few seconds later did a poop! He seemed so relaxed about it and like he knew what to do...I was so pleased!

I then popped a fresh nappy on him and he settled straight down for a snooze.

Any of you with little ones or little ones on the way who want to give it a shot, I say go for it...perhaps it was a little fluke for us but it just made so much sense to me and I think it'll be what we do when we can in the future.

Just wanted to share the news!!

thats great, well done

Oh wow! That's fantastic. Might have to try it out on my girl....might! Wow. Keep us up to date on how it continues.

Well I think it was actually a success and not a fluke! We're at 3 'deposits' from 5 attempts! It takes a little more effort on my part but I think he's more comfortable and that's what counts.

Ha! Change your ticker already! I nearly flipped when I read you still had a bun in the oven ready to go AND a newborn!

And good stuff with the EC! I wonder how it would go with a 6 month old???Hmm. DH would freak out!