Thread: Eco-friendlier disposables

Default Eco-friendlier disposables

Can anyone help with some recommendations for more 'eco-friendly' disposable nappies that are on the market? I know there is no such thing as a genuine eco-friendly option - at the end of the day they need to be disposed of somehow - but for the first few weeks getting settled with our new bubba, we do want an easier option. We are planning on switching to cloth later on. I'm happy to buy online, just seeking some recommendations before I go and buy dud ones that are no good.
    Lolly x

There's nature babycare, bamboo, but imported from EU so lots of carbon miles.

There are also some ones you can supposedly pop in the compost heap, Alioops I think tried them?

Mio bamboo are quite good I find, unbleached so don't have those nasties.

Good luck, and well done!

Check out eenies, they are online. They are completely degradable. You can also compost them if they are only wet, you can flush them if they are soiled. They are like a pad which you put into a waterproof cover so there is a little bit of washing but not nearly as much as with cloth.

Moltex is another brand, they are 80% biodegradable and manufactured from 50% renewable rescources. I just read that it has been awarded the prestigious Australian Good Environmental Choice Award (GECA) recognising it as the most environmentally friendly nappy currently available. They are from Germany I think.
    Eenee weenee's are pretty good too - and you can easily interchange between their disposable pads and a folded cloth nappy in the pouch.

I've used both Moltex and Seventh Generation, and have found both to be really good, as good as Huggies, but Huggies had a horrible chemical smell that just can't be healthy. The Seventh Generation ones are a bit more expensive, but might be nicer for a tiny baby as they are softer than the Moltex. I've been ordering them online, and they are delivered to my home, it's great. If you order a certain amount, delivery is free. I don't think I'm allowed to mention the website I got them from, but PM me if you're interested, I've found them very reliable.

I have a stack of Bumgenius nappies, but they're still too big for DS, so we're using eco disposables for the time being until he's big enough for his cloth nappies.

We used Bamboo nature untill we got mcns! They are great and can be ordered online. I beleiev they won a environmental award in norway?

Good luck! x