Thread: Flushable wipes ??? help

Default Flushable wipes ??? help

Hi guys..

I love my pocket nappies to make my life a little easier esp when im going to have 3 boys all in nappies im looking for some flushable wipes.

Does anyone know of any flushable wipe brands and also if you use some what do you use and do you like them.

Please help im having trouble finding some.

why dont you use cloth wipes, wash them with your nappies??

as for flushable not sure!! maybe use toilet paper and a water bottle

I use Eenee flushable liners. i used to get them from Baby Blossom but now i get them from the Eenee website direct.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbaz View Post
    I use Eenee flushable liners. i used to get them from Baby Blossom but now i get them from the Eenee website direct.

do you mean you use the liners as wipes?

Yup. I have them as liners and wipes.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for... but in Franklins I found a Wiggles brand of flushable toddler wipes. I bought a pack to use with DS as we begin to toilet train. I will mainly wipe him with toilet paper when he goes on the toilet but will use ONE wipe at the end to make sure he is clean and they are flushable. They are $4 for 60 wipes though which is why I intend to use them sparingly.

Supermarket has a range of flushable wipes but its going to get expensive with 3 kiddies in MCN!

Even if you get chux wipes....cut them up and have a bowl of water next to the change table...one wipe and chuck. Might be cheaper!

Or if you wanted to go the way my hospital does it.....cotton wool balls....and water. One wipe and chuck!

thanks guys i have the wiggles ones and i found today a few brands i can buy over the net so ill have to compair all the prices.

Just hope someone can help me find ones that are a bit cheaper. most cost about $8 for 80 flushable.

There's an online store called DashX (no links, just google it ) and she's getting flushable, biodegradeable wipes soon. She was going to get Seventh something brand, but it's too expensive and she's got this alternative coming.
    As for chux wipes, I'm guessing you want to reduce your landfill contribution - they can be washed, too and reused (modern washing machines are gentle on them so that they don't shred before the next use!) as well as used as liners.
    Peapods has some bamboo wipes now - they're small but work great. Not so handy for being out and about, so when DashX has her flushables, I'll be using them for out and about and Peapods for home.

thankyou for your help everyone...

i found the softway ones (from NZ) just need to find a site that will not charge stupid amounts for postage. ie: one person wanted $15 for 2 refill packs of 80 wipes. thats rediculas....

Have you tried looking at the adult wet wipes like sorbent - i assume they would be ok for toddlers. I assume they would be cheaper then the wiggles ones too.

Jas and Ella

The sorbent ones aren't that great, price-wise, for the amount you get - at least when I've looked at them, they are about $4-5 for 40! But, yeah, they're flushable.
    The Nappy Lady (who has the online shop that was called DashX - she recently changed the name, but it redirects anyway) says her flushables will come in late May/June, so I'm waiting for those!

Quote Originally Posted by ellakayte View Post
    Have you tried looking at the adult wet wipes like sorbent - i assume they would be ok for toddlers. I assume they would be cheaper then the wiggles ones too.

Jas and Ella
    i have used those, work fine! look in the toilet paper section of your supermarket.

I find the Sorbent ones aren't neary wet enough, we use the Wiggles ones.