Thread: GREEN nappies or something else?

MissHoney Guest

Default GREEN nappies or something else?

Hi all,
    This is my first ever post.
    I'm researching cloth nappies...have decided to give up disposables but have been absolutely overwhelmed by the cloth nappy choices.

I have tried a fuzzibunz pocket nappy but it wasn't a good fit around the thigh for my tall and slim 16 month old. Plus, I will need to buy a smaller size when bub # 2 comes along.

I have come across the green nappy website and it seems to be similar to fuzzibunz but with velcro rather than domes.

I notice many people like the baby beehinds too but these nappies need the PUL wrap over the nappy.

MY Questions (I'm getting to it)...

1. IF YOU HAVE USED GREEN NAPPIES, WHAT DO YOU THINK? ARE THEY A GOOD FIT, EASY TO CARE FOR AND KEEP CLEAN, EASY TO BE OUT AND ABOUT WITH, LOOK NICE JUST WITH A SINGLET ETC.?
    2. WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND BASED ON YOUR OWN CLOTH NAPPY EXPERIENCE?

Many thanks for your help.

Ella's mummy Guest

I've been using green kids nappies for about 7 months now. I am extremely happy with them with the exception of one thing - I've found the hemp inserts nowhere near as absorbant as the bamboo inserts. If I had my time over again, I would have purchased my starter pack with bamboo only, and not the half and half like I did. I've also found the bamboo to be a better fit, as they are softer than the hemp and thus not as stiff between my little girl's legs.

Washing them is no big deal - just follow the instructions on their website and you should be right. Like I said before, I've been using mine for about 7 months and only now do I think they might need a "strip" wash, as there is the tiniest aroma of urine inside the cover.

When my baby was a newborn, I did think they were a bit big for her (she was an average sized bub) but seeing she was my first and I wanted to settle into other things like breastfeeding, etc, etc, I was happy to use disposables for the first 4-6 weeks.

Overall, I'm very happy with my GK nappies and they've certainly created a few comments from friends and family who have never seen a MCN before. Good luck deciding!

Wow! You got missed MissHoney! Are you still around? How did you go with making a decision?