Thread: Help! Dd Wont Poo In Toilet!!

Default Help! Dd Wont Poo In Toilet!!

Okay, my DD is 3years,4months. Has been toilet trained for wee for about 6 months, and goes dry through the night. Although she can and has done poo in the toilet, she has decided that she prefers to do it in her pants :mad: I wondered if she was scared of the toilet, but she tells me "No, I just like doing it in my knickers" Of course she can hold on brilliantly - NEVER has she pooed her pants at Kinder / firends house / shops etc - only for me at home! Has anyone else gone throught this, and / or do anyone have any tips?

Fiona - are having a similar problem with our little girl. she is 3 in july and has been toilet trained for about 2 months. only had a few little dribbles and goes all night without getting wet but she refuses to do poo in the toilet. but she does tell me she wants to do it in her nappie which is better than her undies. ive tried the listening "can you hear the plops?" doesnt work, have tried the sticker chart "worked wonderful for the wees but no good on the poos", ive even gone as far as buying her the new Fisher Price Pirate Ship that she wanted and it's sitting were she can see it to encourage her but still nothing (its still sitting there to this day). the health centre that some kids just do it. my only thing would be to ask her to tell you when she needs to do and by cheap nappies (like i do) and get her to do it in the nappie! its going to be a lot nicer for you. i will keep you posted on my situation. take care narelle

DD had a similar problem except that she would say she was scared to poo in the potty or toilet. She claimed it would hurt, but was fine to do it in her nappy. I had just got a Bounty bag from the hospital we went to book for delivery of DS, and i pulled out the sample tub of Heinz sudocream. I would tell her it was her "special bottom cream". I'd put her on the toilet, put on a tiny bit of the sudocream while explaining to her in a "fun" voice that it would make sure it doesn't hurt. And she started to go.
    One day we went shopping. she said she had to do a poo. She asked for the "Special bottom cream" and i panicked. I told her i didn't have it in the nappy bag. S eh jumped off and went through the bag and found it. Apparently she packed it before we left the house. After a while she grew out of asking for the sudocream and would just do it in the toilet.
    Shame about the regression on the whole toilet thing after DS arrived. *sigh*
    Life has been hell for a few months now. Just can't get her to stop wetting herself.. though she doens't poo in her underwear thank goodness!

A friend of mine had the same problem and found it was because her little one thought that it would be squashed on her bottom like it was in a nappy and she didn't like that thought! When it was explained that it wouldn't be messy like the nappy if she went on the toilet everything changed! Good luck