Thread: HELP NAPPY RASH

Default HELP NAPPY RASH

hi my dd has just got the worst nappy rash, i have tried zinc cream that seems not to be helping also just wondering how many poos are they suppost to do in one day my dd is doing about 5/6 a day though they are small this is also leadind to her nappy rash, we think because of her nappy rash she dosn't want to poo and thats why she has so many could this be right

Cornflour is great for nappy rash !! or Johnson powder with cornstarch and aloe available in chemists. Both worked a treat on my boys when they had severe nappy rash

Love

A compress of chamomile tea (cooled!) in the nappy may help. Also, beauty & the bees 'botty butter' is fantastic

Is she due for some more teeth? Maybe this is the reason?
    I would just suggest lots of nappy off time - specially with the summer coming, this should be easier.
    I dont use zinc cream - I used a calendula based cream, and there is a rash cream and a balm for protection. Just make sure that you put some sort of barrier cream on at each nappy change and hopefulyl if she does poo, it wont stick toher bum so bad.
    A dom midwife also told me that they can build up a resistance to zinc creams - not sure how true that is.

Fi

Pawpaw Ointment is also very good for nappy rash, I hopeit clears up soon for you.

the royal children's hospital's pharmacy makes 'nappy goo' it works within 12 hours for the worst nappy rash. i highly recommend it. oscar had a condition on his bottom when he was born and his skin all peeled and bled and this nappy goo healed it completely within 2-3 days. it cost $9.50 a tube.

HTH beckles

thanks everyone we had time without a nappy and that has seemed to help alot, we also put it dowm to drinking juice which she had just started on, so back to only drinking water

mooshie Guest

i have always used destinin (sp?) cream for nappy rash with seems to do the job i put heaps on and then put some curash powder over the top.

just a little tip to (although you might already do it) but i know on the occassions my kiddies have had nappy rash it hurts like almighty when you put them in the bath, so when they have bad nappy rash before bathing them i smother their bottom in vaseline and it gives it a sort of barrier and that initial sting when entering the water isn't as bad.

good luck

I use bepanthem ( *spelling* ), curerash powder, and my DD has had it so bad that I have had to use sigmacorte cream which is a last resort.
    sometimes nappy rash can become a fungal infecton and they say that if it is bad and keeps getting worse to take them to the dr,

Juice can be a deffinate cause of nappy rash especially orange so you have done the right thing there by taking her off of the juice. there is also another really thick cream called Daktozin ( again spelling ) and that is great as a barrier cream while you are trying to get it gone IYKWIM.

good luck with it I know it is probably gone by now but I thought I would let you know the things that work for us, and I think I will be trying a few of the other sugestions given in the future they were great.

each child is different it is just a matter of finding what is right for yours some creams work and some dont good luck.

Canestan cream was recommended to me once the rash appears. It usually sorts it out within 24-48 hours. I used the curash powder over the top of it. In between rash times we used bepanathen.

Another tip for the bath is to put a load of bicarb soda in the bath water. this was recommend to me by both the MCHN and the pharmacist.

I bath Indah in bi carb soda atleast twice a week, makes the skin so so soft! Great mixed into a paste with a little bit of water to get rid of cradle cap too, make a paste & apply to head then laeve for about an hour & rinse off!!!

Great Idea. How much Bi carb do you put in the bath?