Thread: Hey Big Wetter . . .

Default Hey Big Wetter . . .

Lucky you can't hear me sing! Just wondering if anyone can help? We have been using BabyGreens one-size-fits-all since Kai was born we're pretty happy with them, although it's hard to know how good they are without any basis of comparison! Problem is, he must be a big wetter coz we have had to use disposables on him at night for a few months now. But I'm not happy with the 'biodegradable' nappies that I've found - they're still not completely degradable. (Well, not within 500 years anyway!!), so I'd like to find a way of using cloth.

I guess I have 3 questions:
    Does anyone know of a cloth nappy that will get a big wetter through the night?
    Is there a way of boosting BabyGreens nappies?
    Wouldn't it give him rashes sitting in a wet nappy for 10 hours?

Thanks as always for your help/knowledge/advice!

Hi Tracey!

Haven't used Baby Greens so sorry can't help on that one.

Baby Beehinds bamboo are great for us. VBSN are also very good I hear but can get a bit pricey due to all the layers in them. There are others such as Good Night Sleep Tight and Sandman too.

On the rash thing if you are using a liner such as microfleece it will let the wee pass through without absorbing it, therefore bottom stays dry!
    Caleb can sleep up to 12 hours overnight and while his nappy is sopping his bottom is dry to the touch.

Tracey
    I'm using compostible sposies (Moltex) which are fantastically absorbent and leave huggies for dead. I get them through a place in Bungendore that delivers - perhaps you can track some of them down.

I agree Sam about Baby Beehinds - the bamboo version seems to work for us and can be boosted to help big wetters get through a decent number of hours. Hester drenches the Baby beehind hemps though.

I recently got Caty a VBSN (if you get them from US sites, they work out cheaper) from tallullah baby...including postage, and a PUL cover, it was $45. Hm, though can't remember if that was US or Aus $. It came pretty quickly too

Otherwise, I stuff her to the max in her BBH, with a wool cover. She goes from 7.30pm til 7am in it....pretty good.

Thanks Ladies, I will check out the options - esp the Baby Beehinds Bamboo.

We have been using the Moltex too, Kar, although they leak at night and we have to use a PUL cover (It's wierd, that only started happening when they changed the design). That's not really a problem, but recently realised that only 20% of the gel is biodegradable, so I'm seeking out other options - I believe EcoBots from Coles are the only nappy endorsed by Planet Ark as being fully biodegradable, so we might give those a try. Think I'd prefer to go 100% cloth anyway - there is still the issue of toxic run-off from decomposing . . .

Thanks again.