Thread: HH leaking....

Default HH leaking....

Hiya clothies,
    Of late, my (solid colours) Happy Heinies have been leaking around the legs. I have the usual HH booster plus a small BBH hemp one inside, which always come out wet.
    Is my Caty-belle just a big wee'er or am I not putting them on tight enough?

ps: sorry if this is bad advertising for the non-clothie users! It's actually only a few colours which have been leaking...

Last edited by chocolatecatty; November 10th, 2006 at 11:57 AM. Reason: called a booster a soaker....

Have you tried adding some extra boosting or using a bamboo booster instead of hemp? Caty might just be weeing more lately. If the boosters always come out very wet then it could just be a case of adding something for more absorbancy. Sometimes if you over-boost it can cause some leakage because of the thickness but it doesn't sound like the reason in your case.

Are the nappies still the right size? They haven't been through a hot dryer a lot?

Hmmm, no hot dryer, just the sun.
    Interestingly enough, she was dry before her last feed and afterwards the HH was wet again, but only on the side which was closest to the floor (IYKWIM?) so maybe when I tilt her on her side to feed, the booster isn't quite reaching that area and hence the subsequent leaking. Hmmmm again.
    Will try extra boosting with bamboo.

I'd suggest probably a fit thing - can you try to do it up a bit tighter??
    Make sure that nothing is hanging out of the nappy cause that will wick onto other things. Likewise make sure that nothing is tucked into the nappy

Hmm, if none of those other suggestions work, could it also be that perhaps she wees a lot all at once when she has a feed and it isn't getting through the fleece quick enough so leaks out the leg?

I'm thinking it's a boosting issue as they've only just started leaking and the boosters are coming out completely saturated (didn't happen earlier).

On a side note - can someone confirm that I'm supposed to leave a little polarfleece to be seen around the legs and waist? Thanks!

Thanks for your advice

Yep, the fleece is supposed to be touching bub's skin all the way around otherwise you can get a bit of leakage so leave a bit of the fleece out

No wet HH after last nappy change so yes, I think it was a booster issue.
    Thanks guys.