Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many disposables do you need?

Default How many disposables do you need?

Hello, saw in the Safeway/Woolworths catalogue that Huggies are on special for $29 for the big box, a great price, but DH and I are unsure as to whether we would need them or not. How many newborn size nappies does one need? We won't be using sposies full time, mixing it up with cloth. We already have one box of Huggies newborns 108 and a box of babylove newborns 96. Is it worth getting another box of huggies at this price? They are not this cheap very often. Thanks.

get the next size up..
    If you are going to use both then you prob won't need as many newborn size. Plus you won't know if bub will fit them for long..
    so either got for the next size up or the one after that

Hi rachel, going to get some myself tomorrow also babylove are half price as welll. We went through about 12-14 nappies a day in the first few weeks down to about 10-12 after that down to maybe 7-10 a day once they start sleeping through the night. Keeping in mind that sometimes the nappies are broken or bub will pee as your changing them and you use the nappy to catch it and then have to get a new one or when you change them and then they poop :-)

I'm going to grab a few boxes of the larger sizes for nighttime use as well

I've wondered this as well, as I'm going to use part-time cloth (how part-time depends on how stressed out I am lol), but I wanted to stock up when sposies were on special.

The difficulty I've found with buying one size up is that they seem to be gender-specific, and we don't know what we're having yet.

I'd grab a couple of boxes. Nina was only small (2.98kg) and didn't put on weight very fast in the beginning, so she was in the newborn nappies for a while.

Cherie, that is our problem too. We don't know the gender yet either so can't go up a size until then. Oh, don't know what to do. Decisions decisions.

Rachel just get the boys ones they are much more gender neutral (I'm pretty sure it's just the design on the waist band and maybe slightly more padding at the front for boys)

Hi
    I wondered that myself before bub was born.... he is 13 weeks old and is still in the new born nappies! he has a little waist i guess.... but at $29 that is a BARGAIN!!!!!!
    I always go to Big W and they usually have them for about $36.. that is the 108 box.

I will have to step up to the bigger ones soon!

Oh yeah! I get huggies and they are gender nuteral.. with little pooh bear and tigger on the front... So cute!

Hey Rachel, I dunno if u got my last email.....but i have some of Chelseas nappies left... like a full bag pretty much and im not going to be needing them as she is now in infant size... did u want them...?? Let me know and i can drop them over to you when ur free (now that ur a stay at home mummy-to-be). Your more then welcome to have em

Most places will let you change nappies to the next size up as long as they aren't opened.

the next size up in the bulk boxes are crawlers and you may find them way too big, we did, so the in between size is actually infant which only come in the plastic bag, smaller quantity amd will fit better, so it may not pay to stock up on the boxes if your unsure of the gender.... hope this helps, wish i had known this when we purchased huggies!!!!!!!

why don't you just buy another box and keep the receipt. that way if you don't end up using them you can take them back and swap for a bigger size.

Alexa is still in crawler higgies now & she is almost 11 months old!!!!!

She was in infant size for a long time too...

But as Sarah said.. you can always change them for the next size if they are unopened... or you could sell your left overs on ebay & make maybe money on them LOL

thats a great idea Mitch. have you seen what some people pay for nappies on there??

That's a great idea keeping the receipt and taking them back to exchange if needed. I might have to do that

I had 2 boxes of huggies newborn and a large pack when Riley was born and didn't even open the 2nd box as he was already needing the next size- not so much cause of his weight but cause they kept leaking up the sides (its a boy thing I think) I just took them to Woolies and swapped them for a box of crawler and then just used infant for a while. I didn't even need a receipt to swap.

We only went through about 3 boxes of Newborn disposables using them full time and no cloth so I dont think you need another box of Newborn nappies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Cherie, that is our problem too. We don't know the gender yet either so can't go up a size until then. Oh, don't know what to do. Decisions decisions.
    = we have a girl but there were not infant girl disposables so we bought the boy ones and I have to say they are far better than the girl ones it holds more wee and poo so If you want to buy a box of Infant and you dont know if you have a boy or a girl, I would buy the boy ones for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast