Thread: How many nappies do you go through?

Default How many nappies do you go through?

Tamsin is 12 weeks old and using nappies *really* fast! We're using square cloth nappies and she's just gone through 80 since Monday morning. She hasn't been unwell or anything, just has lots of wet nappies. Is this normal? All the guides I have seen appear to suggest 6-8 wet nappies a day is normal, yet we are going through 16 or so a day - only 1 or 2 are overnight.

I used cloth nappies with Lindsay and would wash 24 every 2 days (12p/day) this wasn't including the ones I used for 'spew rags'. I think the worse prob with cloth is that once they are wet, they feel it more, so you have to change them as soon as they do it. I think what she is using is completely normal. BTW, if you let it go too long, their clothes get wet and then you have to wash an extra set of clothes too. Another thing, is she having a growth spurt? Cause if shes drinking more milk, she's naturally going to wee more.

Hey Fenella,

I don't think Kynan went through quite that many nappies at that age (maybe around 8-10 per day), but all babies are different so you might just have a heavy wetter. So yes, it does sound perfectly normal. Do you boost her nappies with anything? I use hemp trifold boosters in Kynan's terry squares now and find they work really well.

Thanks for your replies!

Sherie, it's possible she's going through a growth spurt, I think they do at about this age, but she's been using quite a lot for at least the last 2 or 3 weeks. I guess a growth spurt could last that long! I do change her as soon as I notice she's wet (usually straight away) although she doesn't always complain about being wet.

Angel, I'm not using anything to boost them, as we've got a service at the moment and I hadn't really given it any thought. Where did you get the hemp boosters from for Kynan?

Will PM you, Fennella

Thanks again for the info. Angel